Chapter 3. The Truth Unravels

"Why did you do that?" Zero asked full of rage. "You already know the answer to that" i replied wondering was his reaction might be. "If I am simply a distraction, then so be it". "The truth is, i feel a deep uneasiness whenever i'm near you or even think about you. I don't know why but i recognize something about you, I've felt it before and i have a theory" i said. "And what is that?" he asked displeased. "Whatever it is i believe you truly are, Kaname knows as well. Im certain of it" I told him brushing his shoulder. Frustrated Zero paced back and forth, conjuring up the words he would say next. "How did you know i was a hunter?" he asked uncertain of my reaction. "Because i know what you hunt. I wondered why you and Yuki protected this academy, out at night. Seriously what classes run at night, why split the students in two separate groups isolated from each other? I know who they are and i think you should be more careful where you drop tablets". "What else do you know?" Zero impatiently added. "Well i know that you can't hide what you are forever. As time unfolds, the truth unravels with it. Oh  and i don't know why you don't like me" i said. "I have no reason to trust you" he said. "Ha, Well if i ever gain yours, i will tell you everything if you wish. Goodbye" I slowly walked away. "You won't stop will you?" he said. "Whats the fun in that, we are all part of some game, i might as well play my role, perfectly" I disappeared to the halls.

Kurai's soft white strand of hair fell to the ground. "Perhaps you knew this would happen all along" she spoke with such authority. "Never, how foolish was i" i said bitterly. "You should never of killed him, to have the only one you ever loved taken from you. You shall share my fate now, exile, to never know love". "I didn't-how will you exile me?" i asked impatient. "Like so" she said and grabbed my  neck and pierced my skin. Quickly i grabbed the dagger from her leg and stabbed her stomach. "SCARLETT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?". It was my parents voices. My mother shrieked whilst my father just stared in shock. Kurai screamed. "Why Scarlett, why?". I choked gasping for breath, i felt blood escaping from stomach, how was this-"LEAVE JUST LEAVE! 

The curtain closed yet again. I was such a hypocrite, why act like i can go on living like this forever? Im endangering everybody i talk to, especially him. Has she made the connection yet, i hope not. I felt my where my stomach bled 3 years ago and knew i couldn't go on like this forever, she would find me. The truth will unfold in little time, and i thought about Zero. What would happen when she found out he was not human. Would Yuki run? Or would she protect him? I needed to stop thinking about that, it wouldn't help anything. Even if one day Zero and I got along, i would never be able to be close to him, to anyone. I walked towards my room and slept the night away.

"Good morning Yori, Yuki, did you both sleep well?" i asked cheery and bright on our way to the gates from where the night class had last been. As the night class students protruded from the gates i smiled to the blond boy who had helped me up the previous day and in return he happily greeted me with a smile. A genuine smile. Kaname Kuran slowly walked past me and just stared at me unsure of who i was or what i was but i felt that he instantly knew i was not ordinary at all. "Goodmorning" i said and he simply kept walking but turned around at me and smiled. Suddenly i felt Zero's gaze upon me and with that menacing look of his. That look told me everything, i was being pointed out too. Maybe we weren't so different after all.

Yuki and Yori ran to me when i was walking through the halls after class. Out of breath Yuki told me that the headmaster wanted to see me immediately. I instantly became nervous and wondered why the headmaster would want to see me at all under such short notice. As asked, i followed my orders and went with the two girls to the headmasters office.

Nervous again, i knocked on the door and found my heart pounding when the doors flung open to see our headmaster, Kaien Cross and .. Kaname Kuran? Why was he there. "Hello, Yuki said that you asked for me" i said a little confused. "Oh hello, you must be Scarlett, thank you for coming. Actually the reason for you coming here was to actually talk to the night class president, Kaname Kuran. "Oh okay" i said now a little worried. "You have nothing to be worried about, i don't i have properly introduced myself yet, my name is Kaname Kuran, it is a pleasure to meet you" he said. "Scarlett, lovely to meet you to" i said respectfully. "I will give you two some privacy" the headmaster said already half way out the door. "What do you think of this school so far?" Kaname asked pleasantly. "Where half the population of this school, split into two sides, i believe the supernatural occupy the space at this school" i said. "Clever girl, i believe the correct term would be vampires" Kaname said eager of my response. "Yes, Vampires. It's not the first time i have heard about them. They are apart of my past but not under the best circumstances. Why do i feel these creatures will become my future?" "This is quite interesting, seeing as you aren't a vampire but not entirely human yourself. If you don't mind me asking what was your past like?" he asked curiously. I shouldn't have been surprised by what he said; it wasn't the first time i thought about myself as not completely human. "My sister was a vampire yet we didn't leave on happy grounds. She was led to believe i had killed her lover and sought revenge after me. But once i stabbed her with her own dagger, i began to bleed to in the exact same place i injured her. It was like whatever pain i inflicted upon her ricocheted back to me" i said amazed at my truthfulness. "Hmm....It is very uncommon for this to happen, this could only be done by the help of a pure blood which i guess your sister was not. I believe you have been cursed with a special link that only exists between you and your sister. This means with the special bond you share, you will feel whatever pain she feels, share memories and her vampire senses" "So a pure blood is some sort of high ranked vampire? Does this means if she dies, i will fall with her?" I asked angry at the truth. "Pure bloods are of the noblest blood and highest ranking in the vampire society. They contain many powers, so it is possible for this to happen. I, myself is one but i do not know what the effects of the curse may be. There may be loop holes" he said tragically calm.  "But wh-The doors suddenly flung open and with it the headmaster. "Oh I'm terribly sorry to interrupt you both, i forgot my papers" the headmaster said. "It's quite alright" Kaname said. The air suddenly became thick with something wicked. "The scent of blood is close" said Kaname hiding how infuriated he now was and strode of the room quickly. "Kaname!" the headmaster yelled and raced out after him. "I'm very sorry to leave you like this" Headmaster Cross said. "It's fine" i said more worried about what Kaname had just told me.

As i walked through the dark halls, I caught a glimpse of Kaname talking to Zero. Wait was that Yuki. As she fell into Zero's arms i heard Kaname say "You devoured her mercilessly" infuriated at Zero. "How was it? Was it delicious?" he said. I Then saw Zero's hands cover his face in shock with the realization of what he had just done. Blood ran down his chin and i saw deep bite marks on Yuki's neck. Zero was a vampire. Being forced to believe the cold truth stung. I gasped at the sound of the headmasters foot steps and ran away into the darkness unable to hold back the tears that were forced to shed upon my face. Running away like this seemed to be the only way i ever survived...