Zero Bullets Left

Hi this is just a Vampire knight fanfic based on Zero from a strange girl's perspective. Please no judgements yet. :)

                                                                CHAPTER 1. ARRIVAL.

As I lay under a tree, savoring the shade more than the heat of the hot sun I see him again. What was he doing ? As i gazed past the bushes and upon the stable i notice him, was he having trouble breathing? At the sound of my gasp he finally noticed my eyes directly on him. At once he stared painfully at me as if to physically hurt me with his gaze. Suddenly he picks himself up from the hay he was kneeling on and slams the stable doors with one last diminishing stare. At that i blinked and kept imagining the last look he gave me, at once i realized it wasn't a loathing stare, more of a blank meaningless gaze to keep himself distracted from bigger problems he was dealing with.

Who was i really? As I looked into the rustic mirror, i saw a tall, brunette with vibrant green eyes and a dumbfounded look on her face. My long, curly hair framed my slender face and dramatic lips but nothing was really special about it. I boxed my insecurities in the back of my mind and stared vacantly at my midnight black uniform. I remembered....A gun shot and the painful scream of a scared girl, i shook my head as if to make the memory disappear and proceeded to get dressed. I placed a dagger in my garter and covered it with the ends of my skirt.

As i wait outside to see what all the fuss was about, suddenly i land flat on the ground as a result of the squealing girls who may or may not have accidentally sent me flying from pushing each other out of the way to be at the front of the gates. The gates slowly open and students dressed in the opposite colors of our uniform slowly stride past the screaming girls with either a glimpse or a heavy smile. As i sat on the ground gazing at the flawless teens, i get a strange vibe from them; and then one of the students at the front of the large group noticed me. He stops completely, turns around and lends a hand to me. I proceed to be helped up and thank the boy with the startling green eyes and blond locks. "Oh, its quite alright" the boy said and i knew he meant it.

There was that uneasy feeling about them again, what was it about them that i recognized? I slowly walked to my class hoping that whoever was in front of me were in the same class as well. I hadn't been at Cross Academy for very long and i didn't know where much was but it still felt homely. As soon as i got to class, as quickly as possible i make a mental note of all the cliques and groups of this new teen society. Bingo. I spot two friendly looking girls and ask them if i can situate myself next to them. Both of them agreed and introduced themselves. The first one looked like she kept to herself mostly and spoke with a soft voice as she said her name was Yori. The other looking more confident and bubbly spoke with joy as she introduced herself as Yuki. I was somewhere in the clouds at the time and it took two goes for me to actually comprehend what they were saying. "Oh, my name is Scarlett, sorry.

After a series of maths questions i was unable to answer, it was such a relief to feel the warm breeze on my delicate skin. I walked with Yori and Yuki and they asked me how i liked it here, and how if i had any problems i could always rely on them. Yuki's warm smile became so much more intense as she stood next to the boy i had been so curious about. "You can't just skip class whenever you feel like it!" she said to the boy with hate filled eyes. "Hm." was all he said in return. "Oh, this is our new classmate Zero, her name is Scarlett, she recently moved here from Hokkaido's island. Be nice!" Yuki exclaimed, bright and cheerful. Zero, what a beautiful name but from the looks of it he didn't care too much of what my new found friend was saying. "Hokkaido, cold there?" He asked with mutual interest. "Only if you stopped to feel it" i chuckled silently cheering inside that he noticed my existence. "I'm leaving" he said after he already turned around and was in the process of walking away. "Nice meeting you".... "ZERO WAIT! WE HAVE PATROL SOON!" Yuki blurted as she attempted to chase after him. "You too" I muttered with a now faded smile but he had already walked a fair distance away from us to hear what i was saying. "Let's go" Yori said. " I will show you around Cross Academy, they won't be back for a while anyway". "Okay" i agreed and we slowly faded into the distance as well.

Later that afternoon, as i was walking back to the dorms before curfew. I noticed Zero lazing under a tree yet in a position that the sun directly shined upon his face, his finger pressed against his throat as if it was soothing to him. As he soaked up the remainder of the sun's rays i said "I wouldn't stay under that tree for too long, a weather change is headed this way i believe". "How so? For better or worse?"  he asked. "Well if you like sun baking, with heavy rainfall, by all means enjoy". "There isn't a cloud in the sky and i have no intention of leaving here soaked to the bone" Zero said in a serious tone. "Suit yourself", and at that moment i noticed the tattoo on his neck and i realized what he was. "Nice Hunter's Mark" i said casually. He quickly turned to me yet was left speechless that somehow i knew. "Don't worry your secret is safe with me" i winked at him then slowly made my way into the darkness of the school's hallway, slightly satisfied at how the afternoon had played out. I turned around once more to give the boy a goodbye smile, but he was gone, complete disappearance from the area. I quietly grinned to myself and kept walking into the darkness. Eventually I would fade away too....

Sorry if you didn't enjoy, but if you did like just tell me and i will carry on with series straight away. Thanks -D  :)