Bonus Chapter #4 - [40]

Winning chapter, as voted by the readers: chapter forty
I hope you enjoy! 

An unexpected text from Amanda woke me that night.

Amanda:
Harry? Are you awake?

I rolled onto my front and squinted at the bright screen, trying to clear my vision so I could send my reply. My fingers tapped away slowly, careful to not let my groggy and slightly disorientated state write a jumbled-up message.

Harry:
I am now.
What's up?

Her reply came quick.

Amanda:
I had a really awful nightmare :/
I know it's something silly but I just feel the need to talk to someone right now.

I knew exactly how she felt. Nightmares could frighten anyone at any age and I, myself, knew that they were most unpleasant. During teenage years, everything that once scared you as a child no longer did - monsters under the bed, dark corners in a room, ghost stories. It was things like the thought of growing up, failing examinations or the future that frightened us. I knew that. I'd panicked about that. So, being a teenager and feeling threatened by a nightmare made it all the more unnerving. 

Harry:
Aw, Amanda, are you alright? :(

I sat up and allowed myself to read her reply intently. I was genuinely surprised at how shaken the dream had left her.

Amanda:
I don't know. I'm shaking. It just seemed so real, y'know?
I know nightmares usually do but this one was just so horrible and ... I dunno I just feel like saying hi.
Hey...

I smiled  like a madman - Mands probably thought I was a madman. I suppose in some ways I was, one example being that I was mad for her. I liked her a lot and the more we spoke I could slowly feel myself falling harder every day. 

I wasn't scared of falling in love. Heartbreaks were something everyone had to endure, whether it be a failed relationship, a family crisis, failing something important. In some shape or form, one would almost always experience a heartbreaking moment at least once in their life.

The only thing I was scared of when it came to Amanda and myself, was that she wouldn't feel the same towards me.

I sent her:

Harry:
You don't need to feel ashamed about being frightened about a nightmare. I sometimes have really bad nightmares and I end up screaming myself back awake. It's pretty horrendous. Don't tell anyone that - no one knows about that apart from my family :/

I felt rather shy about sharing such a personal thing with her. Sure, we'd exchanged a few personal confessions but nightmares were something which usually hit me quite strong. I had no idea why, it's not as if I had anything to trigger such horrible images.