[23]

Amanda:
Are you still mad at me?

Harry:
I'm not mad at you.

Amanda:
You sure? I'm no expert when it comes to guessing a mood through a text message, but I know for a fact that when you're happy or feeling good, you will send a smiley face at the end of your message.
And I don't see a smiley face there.

Harry:
OK, I'm not mad at YOU, I'm mad that I can never seem to ask you to hang out with me at the right time. You're always busy, either with other friends or revising or you just plain don't want to come over. Why? :(

Amanda:
Do you want me to be one hundred percent honest?

Harry:
Yes, because I want us to both know the truth and what's going on. Please.

Amanda:
OK, here it goes...
I still don't know you that well, alright? Yes, we text each other, and yes we get on better than we did to begin with but I still don't know you well enough to agree to things like going out for a coffee or coming over to your house to cook you fucking chicken noodle soup!
Please don't think it's you that puts me off, it's the fact that we're still not fully past the stranger stage of this ... friendship?

Harry:
OK, so you want to know me a bit more you mean?

Amanda:
Yes, and also I think we need to be good friends before anything like the above happens. Please don't get mad at me, because that's really not what I want. 

Harry:
So, you just want us to be good, close friends before you'll feel fully comfortable around me?
Why didn't you just tell me that? XD
I've been worried that I might have said something to scare you.

Amanda:
You did.

Harry:
What? :O

Amanda:
You told me to wrap my legs around your neck. 
You don't say things like that to someone you don't fully know, Tarzan.

Harry: 
Sorry...
...
Just know that the offer still stands.

Amanda:
OMG, I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you, Harry!

Harry:
SORRY! I didn't mean it, I'm sorry! Please don't stop talking to me :(
I need a cool friend like you :)

Amanda:
You have lots of cool friends, though?

Harry:
None that make me smile so much :)
x