Keep you close

They had tracked Jeen down and killed him. It's been almost a month since that incident. And today was a special day for me. No one in the Troupe knew about it, but today was my birthday. I was extremely excited that I would be spending it with my spiders, even if they didn't know.

I walked out of the room only to get slammed into a wall. I yelped at the impact but flushed Scarlet when it turned out to be the man I imagined was kissing me instead of Jeen.

"Where are you going Ryuk?" He asked me. He's been rather moody with me lately. Normally I would just roll my eyes and walk away, but today was different. I grinned up at him, catching him off guard.

"Good morning." His eyes narrowed but he let me go.

"Where were you going?" He asked again but with less irritation then before.

"To find you and the other members. I just feel like today's going to be a good one." He raised an eyebrow at my grinning face but otherwise let me pass by him. Apparently, they didn't find the chain user anywhere in the building so everyone is pretty bummed about that.

"I got it!" I shouted and scaring Chrollo who had been walking next to me the whole time. I didn't know that, but I guess he was there since he let me pass by. He looked down at me with wide eyes as I stared up at him with golden puppy dog eyes.

"What is it Ryuk? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked me nervously. That only fueled my puppy dog expression and his nervousness.

"Can we go to the store?" I asked him walking towards him and him walking back. He was almost at the wall and soon he wouldn't be able to escape my face.

"Why do we need to do that?" He asked me with a calm voice. But his widened grey eyes were telling a different story. Was that... Lust? Oh how amusing! So he wanted me as bad as I wanted him! Well,then we'll just have to see which one breaks first... Though I'm not very confident for myself. I mean... Have you seen this guy?

"Because I just had a brilliant idea." My grin turned into a smirk as his back hit the wall and I kept him there by leaning against his chest and folding my arms under my chin against his chest. His hands stayed at his side, but they were twitching a little bit.

"So can we?"

"No."

"Then I'll go by myself." I told him pushing off of him and giving him a wave of my hand as I walked away from him. My golden trench coat was flowing elegantly behind me as I walked off. My smirk stayed on my face. There was no way hed let me do anything g alone after what happened with Jeen. He may be deaf, but that doesn't mean my father won't hire someone else.

"Where are you going?"

"Shopping."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"Ryuk."

"Chrollo." He sighed and finally caught up to me.

"You're being oddly brave today." He murmered in my ear, sending chills down my spine. Good feeling chills that I wanted to feel more of.

"I'm just in a good mood today. And besides it's my-" I covered my mouth quickly. I didn't want to say anything about it. I didn't know why, but I felt like it would only be like any other day and I didn't want that. I wanted to feel good today and I didn't want anyone else telling me it was just another day. To me... It was another year I've survived.

It's another year I've made it through all my father's tries on my life. I just wanted to enjoy this day.

"It's your what?" He asked me tilting his head toward me. My cheeks went bright red, which caught both of us off guard.

"N-n-nothing! Ha haha." He glared down at me.

"It's nothing Chrollo, really! Just... Uh... You know... Mybirthday." I grumbled the last part hoping he wouldn't catch it. His eyes widened in surprise, telling me he did. He totally caught it.

"Is that so?" I nodded shyly at the sudden overconfident smirk on his face. That was when he bent down with an evil look in his grey eyes. My mouth became dry at the look he was giving me and I found it difficult to swallow it even function.

"Then perhaps, I should give you something. What kind of gift would you life Ryuk?" His voice took in a low, seductive growl.

"W-what are you t-talking about?" I stupidly asked. It didn't matter how much I was around him or how often he did things like this. I could never get used to him being close to me. I can stay confident as long as he doesn't look at me like that!

"Do you really want to go to the store?" He asked me. I nodded without breathing. His scent was intoxicating me. It was causing me to not think. Or move. Just simply obey.

"You know we don't buy things. If we want something we take it." He whispered in my ear, traveling his hand up my side and brushing past a sensitive place. I couldn't help but whimper in pleasure.

"Th-that's what I w-was g-going to do anyway." I panted and stuttered. Why does he do this to me? I've never been interested in guys before this man came into my life. And God I was I happy to have him there! Flustered! Bit happy. He backed up from me and smirked.

"It seems I can't stop you. So lets go then." He told me. His grey eyes darker then usual and filled with lust. He must have had to stop himself before he took it too far. Not that I'm complaining! That was...intense. I smiled knowing he was struggling as much as I was with all these wants and needs.

"Then let's go. But don't tell anyone. I just kinda want a cake and that's it!" I told him with a softened look, intertwining our fingers. He looked down at me surprised but then softened his features as well.

It seems that, maybe it isn't just lust that he feels for me.

**

Don't forget to vote and/or comment :).