We Walk Amongst You

"Good. Very impressive Ryuk." I knelt in front of Chrollo, panting hard and holding my injured arm. Over the last week and a half I've had vigorous and harsh training by everyone in the Troupe. Calling them monsters was like calling a butterfly a moth. They were much more than monsters.

With normal people it would have taken months to achieve what I have in a week and a half. Maybe even years. All these guys have trained me rigorously, making me strong. Making me fast. Making me into a freaking monstrosity.

"When was the last time you slept?" He asked me in his calm voice. I stood up and walked away to grab my trench coat. I put it on in a dramatic fashion.

"I'm still fine to train. You've taught me how to heal myself as well as others. And faster than I was able to before. The wound you inflicted moments ago is already gone." I mumbled rubbing my neck. I looked back to him to see him smirking slightly.

"I wasn't asking if you were still fine to train. You'll do it whether your fine to or not. I was asking when the last time you slept was." I cocked my head at his question.

"2 days ago." He nodded looking thoughtful.

"And the last time you ate?"

"Before I slept last." He appeared in front of me, but this time my eyes were able to mostly follow his ridiculously fast movements.

"You should eat." I glared at him.

"I still don't understand your train of thoughts." I sighed looking away after a few seconds. He chuckled once.

"It's not your job to understand how I do things. It's only your job to loyally and faithfully accept them." I smiled warmly at the ground.

"Yeah. I suppose your right. You should eat with me. After wards we can work on my Nen instead of physical combat." I looked up to him with my warm smile and saw his eyes gleam slightly before he looked up to the sky.

"Perhaps your right. You've learned to use a sword and your fairly incredible with it. You're getting good and hand to hand combat. You're getting fast enough to almost keep up with me. I think we can give your physical training a break for the rest of the day. Your Nen needs an ability. It's already strong. We just need to create an ability for you." He brainstormed aloud as I watched him.

"Actually... I think I have an ability..." I looked down at me with slight curiousity so I went on as we walked away from the cliffs and back towards town.

"Well I'm an emitter right? I was thinking of having something like Franklin, but not exactly like it. Something that I can use as a defense and offense at the same time. And every time I do sleep, I always see feathers. Or maybe they're leaves... I'm not sure."

"Hmm. It sounds intriguing. How do you create something for offense using feathers or leaves?" He asked me. I thought about it, putting a finger in my chin and looking down at our feet.

"Maybe Ko. I could use my imagination to create Nen feathers and use them as a cushion for defense and use Ko to make them hard like a blade as offense." I looked up to him with eyes shining from excitement at the thought.

"It makes sense. Emitters can cast their aura from their bodies. But the making your own feathers is a conjuration ability. Are you sure you can do both?" I chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of my head.

"Well. To be honest... I've already been practicing with Shizuku for conjuring something. I know ibwas supposed to be doing physical things, but I was getting curious if I could do it. And Shizuku isn't a physical fighter, she uses her Blinky-chan to help her fight so that's what she's been helping me with."

"And have you learned to make feathers yet?" He asked me. I was expecting him to be mad that I wasn't doing everything I was supposed to but he seemed intrigued.

"No. I can make a shape like a feather or a leaf, but I can't get the details down yet. She said it would probably be a couple weeks unless I got your help on it too along with maybe even Kortopi-chan." He nodded.

"Very well. We'll practice in making your Nen feathers and using them as a weapon as a shield at the same time. I'll leave the Physical training to Phinks and Feitan, so when you're with them you won't be learning Nen. I'll switch your training to strictly Nen practicing while your with me, Shizuku, Franklin and Kortopi." I grinned up at him as we stopped in front of a restaurant.

"Really?!" I asked with excitement. He nodded.

"And tomorrow I want you to get your tattoo. You won't have a number. And instead of a spider is will be a web across your chest, stomach and back. Every inch. We only have 3 more days before we go to war with the chain user." I nodded starting to get serious.

"I won't disappoint. I'll make sure I've learned all I need and get my tattoo within the three days." He smiled and nodded as he held the door open for me to the building.

"I know you won't. You haven't so far." He murmered as we walked to to a booth.

"I have a question." I started before trailing off slightly.

"Hmm? What is it?" He asked me with a confused face.

"Should we get food for everyone else? They should eat to."

Chrollo POV:

I couldn't help but chuckle a few times at her question. She was more maternal than anything. She worried about the Troupe like a mother would a child. Constantly. But, that's what a web does. It just shows me how right I was to choose her.