The Problem.

Chapter Twenty-Two

“Hi! Welcome to Lesta’s Café, can I get you anything miss?” I quickly nodded and pulled out my black wallet. “Can I get a banana mocha please.” I smiled at the chirpy brunette that was standing behind the cash register. “Of course! That’ll be four twenty eight.” I handed over the money and made my way to the other end of the counter.

Unconsciously I skimmed over the faces of the people at the café. Most were people in high school or in college. It was a quaint little café, I wonder why I never came in.

“Banana Mocha!” my eyes snapped back to the counter to see the same girl handing me my drink. I gave her a small smile and walked away with a thanks.

As I sat down at the table at the very back of the café, I looked down at my cell, 7:55. She had five minutes to walk through those doors or I’m leaving. I should just leave now. I cant believe I let Caleb talk me into doing this!

I jumped up as my cell binged with a new message.

‘Stay -Caleb’

I rolled my eyes, and let out a small chuckle.

‘I know, I am - Ariana’

I smiled down at my cell before looking towards at the door that signaled that someone had just walked though. I let out a small gasp as I took in the tall brunette. Immediately her eyes narrowed on me before a giant grin spread on her face, showing off her pearly whites.

She quickly strutted her way over to me. “Ariana?” she asked nervously cracking her fingers. “Marina?” I whispered biting on my bottom lip. “That’s me.” she slightly chuckled before throwing off her black coat and sitting on the seat in front of me.

We didn’t speak just stared at each other. She had dark chocolate brown eyes that seemed to just draw you in. She had long wavy brown hair and plump pouty lips. But what surprised me most, was that she had such a baby face!

“How old are you?” I blurted out. A small blush appeared on her cheeks making me grin. At least I wasn’t the only one that had a blushing problem. “I’m seventeen…” she mumbled cracking her fingers again. “We’re four years apart.” I mumbled biting down on my lip again.

“Ariana…. I have something I need to tell you.” she started, as she cleared her throat and sat up taller. I quirked my eyebrow and nodded for her to continue. “I know that you may not want anything to do with me, because I’m just this strange girl. But I want to be part of your life, and your kids! I grew up with no siblings, and my dad… well he tried to be around as much as he could but him and my mom would always argue… and anyways. I just, I would really love if you could allow me to be a part of your life. I know I will never be like your other sister, but I - stop.” I interrupted shaking my head at her blubbering.

“You’re right I didn’t want you in my life.” I shrugged. Her eyes grew wide as she took in my words. “I didn’t want anything that reminded me of the fact I was a child of another man- other than the man I call my dad today. But you’re my sister…. And I cant deny that.” I choked out a laugh motioning at the slight resemblance between us.

She smiled as she looked at me with hopeful eyes. “I’m not going to deny you the right to be in my- or my kids life. You’re family.” I winked making her giggle.

After that we talked about everything. Her high school, her friends, the fact that she hadn’t found her mate yet. And me, the kids, Caleb, anything we could.

Two hours later my phone began to ring like crazy. I sent Marina an apologetic look before pulling out my phone.

‘Quinn? What the hell, are you okay?’

I frowned. Quinn had left to New York again about a month ago and she hadn’t called, texted or anything!

‘He figured out where you are!’

she shouted through the phone.

My eyes widened as I took in her words.

‘What…. No… he… we left … how!”

I cried through the phone as I covered my mouth.

‘I don’t know… but Ari.. He.. He’s gone insane .

’ a sob broke through making my eyes water. Quinn never cried. She was the tough girl that hated showing her emotions.

‘he attacked our dad, my mom had just enough time to take Marie to my room before he ripped apart everything. Oh god, Marie was so terrified and I didn’t know what to do! Then he broke the door and stormed into my room. He told me he knew that I helped you leave and that.. He knows where you are. He left two nights ago. I think he’s there already. I’m so sorry Ari!”

she sobbed.

I want you to leave, take your sister and parents and just leave. I will deal with Heath.’ I instructed.

After a couple stern instructions from me Quinn finally agreed to leave until Heath re-gained his sanity.

“Ari..” I bit down on my lip and stared down at the dark brown table in front of me.

“Caleb doesn’t even know about Heath… everything was going so good!” I growled out rubbing my forehead. My wolf whined wanting to be back in the comfort of her mate.

“I’m so sorry this turned out so bad Mari.” I frowned meeting her eyes from across the table. She quickly shook her head as she leaned over and took my hands into hers.

“This was wonderful! Well up until that call…” she trailed off, shaking her head she met my stare once more. Her jaw ticked as she glanced down at my phone.

“Our pack will help, with this Heath guy.” she said squeezing my hands. I shook my head and took my hands out of hers. “No, then he’ll know I’m his daughter!” I spat out. I flinched back as I took in her cringe. That was her dad too, good going Ariana!

“What I mean is- he knows already.” she interrupted as she leaned over to grab her coat from the chair next to her.

“I asked him to let me speak to you first. He’s dying to meet you ya’ know.” she humorlessly laughed making me cringe back. “I’ve never seen my dad so happy in years. All he could talk about was the child he had with his true mate.” she cringed as she shrugged on her coat.

“Mari- you should give him a chance before you cast him off as a nobody Ariana.” she frowned at me before standing up. I slowly stood up and slightly looked up at her.

Even my litter sister was taller than me.

“I am going to tell my dad that there is someone that is putting you and your family in danger, it’s up to you if you want our help.” she said emotionlessly as she handed me a piece of paper and walked out of the café, not once looking back.

Authors Note’ eh not long but not short. Well short for the wait I guess, sorry! I’ve been exhausted, I wake up go to school, come home rest for thirty minutes then head off to work and now I am an official volunteer at the hospital! So excited! I know you guys must be like great now she’s never going to update and that my sir, or miss is not true! I will update weekly! Now I have to head off to bed because I started writing this as soon as I came home from work and it is not 1:11 am so I am tired! Lol night lovelies!

-Mari xoxo