This attraction will be the end of me

Chapter 11

After I picked up the twins we all went to Godfathers Diner. It was a very old diner that had been around since my grandparents were young. And it had been my favorite place since I was a child.

"Hello darlings what can I get ya'll?" The waitress grinned pulling out her notepad from her pink and white stripped apron.

"Can I have a double cheeseburger with fries?" Joey asked looking at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes but nodded. "Thank you mommy!" I laughed and nodded to Zoey.

"I'll have a .... mommy I don't know." She pouted closing her menu. I hummed and glanced down at my own menu. "How about we share a pepperoni pizza?" I asked smiling at the waiting waitress. "Yes!" She cheered.

"My mommy and I will have a large peppi pizza." She told the waitress handing her all three of our menus.

"Coming right up sweetie." The waitress chuckled putting away her notepad and taking the menus.

"You have some lovely children." She sighed before skating away. I smiled and turned to face my kids. Joey was helping Zoey with her crosswords. I did have some fantastic children.

"Mommy will we see Prince today?" Zoe asked while crossing out the word 'Pencil' ."Zoey stop asking that!" Joey hissed before staring at me. I sighed and wiped my hands on my pants. "Actually... he might pick you up tonight, only if you want to!" I added quickly.

"I do!" She squealed clapping her small hands. "No you don't Zoey."Joey growled snapping his crayon in half.

"Joey!" I hissed giving him an exasperated look. He had been lashing out so much. "What? She shouldn't go with Caleb." He spat. "He hurt you mommy! You cried! You never cry!" He yelled catching most of the diners attention.

I blushed and shushed him. I didn't need the whole town to know about my dilemma. The pack already knew I was rejected by Caleb when I was sixteen. I didn't need the rest of the town to know.

"I'm sorry mommy." Joey frowned glaring at his lap. "It's not me you need to apologize mister." I replied sternly.

"I'm sorry Zoey. I didn't mean to be mean, I'm just... if you want to you can." Joey smiled pulling her into a big hug, which she immediately responded.

"Alright. I got y'alls food. One double cheeseburger with fries for the handsome mister." She winked setting the large plate down. I stared in shock as he immediately started stuffing his face with food. His appetite was growing... I would have to talk to Jackson soon.

"And a large Pepperoni for the ladies." She grinned setting the pizza on a little stool thing. "Thank you." We all smiled as she walked away.

~¤~

I let out a strangled groan as I jumped out the car. I was so tired! "Prince!" I froze and quicky turned to see Zoey jumping out the car and dashing into Caleb's awaiting arms.

"Hey princess." He sighed closing his eyes as he held her tight. "Mommy come on." I glanced down to see Joey giving me a sad look. He was worried I would break down again. He should've never seen that.

"Hey there champ." Caleb grinned stepping forward to Joey. "Hi." He mumbled moving to stand protectivly in front of me. I sighed and shook my head at Caleb. He growled lightly and turned to an anxious Zoey.

"I heard you had ballet today?" He asked raising a perfect brow at her. "Yes!" She smiled. "Well I have a present for you, but it's at my house." He pouted making Zoey pout as well. "Mommy can we go inside." Joey whispered pulling on my arm.