Introductions

I've never been particularly good with introductions. Though I come off as a people person, I learned to keep to myself at a pretty young age. Not that it helped, many people flocked to me anyways.Even with my whole "keeping to myself" issue, I had a decent amount of friends growing up. I suppose I could have even been considered popular.

My school life was somewhat entertaining. I'm actually pretty intelligent, some of my teachers even called me gifted. But I was one of those kids who got in trouble for everything. And as I got older the stuff I got in trouble for got worse. At first it was silly stuff like yelling in class, hiding other students things y'know kid stuff. And then it escalated to cussing in class, taking things that weren't mine and throwing things. Eventually it was fighting, property damage, endangering another student.

Nevertheless, I was never expelled. My teachers generally liked me, same with the administrators. However the students had mixed feelings, some hated everything about me, others neither hated nor liked me, some loved me, some even feared me, and others simply didn't have an opinion.

The teachers all accounted my bad behavior to having "problems at home" and having "little to no parental guidance". My "problems at home" were simple, I hated living there. Period point blank. And as for my "parental guidance" problems, my parents died in a fire when I was 5 and my little sister, Lilia, was barely 1. I had no other known relatives. We lived in Foster Care after that.

When I was 13, they spilt my sister and I up. Said it was because "she might have a better chance of getting placed in a permanent home". I screamed and cried telling them that I was her only real family, that they had no right to separate us.

"She needs me." I pleaded desperately with the Social Service woman who was taking Lilia's bags.

"What she needs is a stable environment. And Lord only knows you do too. But you're difficult to place." That's all she said to me.

"Please," I sobbed, "Please don't take her from me"

"Say your goodbyes now,"

I slowly walked over to where Lilia sat on the couch. (To be entirely honest I don't even remember what house we were in at that point. It had to have been like the 4th house we'd been in that month) I sat on my knees and took her tiny hands in mine. Making sure I was eye level to her, I looked into her dark brown eyes with my dark blue ones. I studied every facial features of hers, trying to lock it in my memory. Her pretty face was red from crying. Her lips were pursed together and her eyes were puffy. Pretty brown curls that had been recently brushed and put into a braid were falling out and onto her face.

I brushed my thumb across her right cheek to wipe away a tear that had began to fall. She was beginning to sob uncontrollably. I gently squeezed her hands and shushed her.

"Shh, it'll all be ok. They just want to take you somewhere nice" I told her, trying to smile.

"But I want you to come with me," Her voice did little jumps in between words when she sobbed.

"I can't. You're a big girl, you can go by yourself"

"But I want you to go with me" her cries got louder

"I would if I could... Now I want you to promise me something, can you do that?" I took a deep breath to try and steady my voice.

She nodded her head slowly.

"Promise me that you'll be good wherever they take you."

She sniffled, "I promise"

"Good." I took her into my arms and held her as tight as I could, "Remember that I love you and that mom and dad loved you too" I whispered softly into her ear.