Prologue

Hot, blood, cold, salty sweat, warm tears; all of it ran down my face in copious amounts. There was a deep gash in my right shoulder and the sweat was mixing in with the blood making the would hurt worse. I lay on the cold, hard concrete. My left hand clutched my shoulder. There was so much blood. It ran down my arm and chest, and stained my white dress.

I had been stripped of all my weapons, and in the midst of running, I had dropped my gun. My left ankle felt sprained. Everything ached, my entire body felt like it was on fire. And at this point, I knew very well that I could very well die at any moment.

A loud, silvery whistle was sounded in the air. "Oh little birdy, come out and play," a smoky female voice called out in a low tone. I could hear the click clack click of her heels coming closer.

Gasping from the pain, I tried to get to my gun. It was about five inches away from my hand. As I reached for it pain shot up my arm. I cried out. Almost immediately the footsteps stopped. I desperately tried to get to my gun.

The footsteps started sounding closer and closer. And I still could not reach my gun. "Ravyn, sweetie come out and play with me. You're wounded hon, you can't go far" Her voice traveled through the walls. She was so close. And my gun was so far away.

The blood had began to drip on the hard concrete floor when she finally found me. Her once pretty face was stretched into a terribly fake smile. Her beautiful long, curly golden hair was stained red with blood. There were marks and cuts all over her face and bare arms, many of which were from me. As was the gigantic black eye on the left side of her face. Her bright blue eyes were bloodshot and her pretty black gown was now torn and ripped everywhere. She held a jagged, blood stained knife in her left hand.

"Well hello pretty girl. I guess I've found you" She said softly, while running her right index finger along the edge of the knife.

My eyes traveled from her to my still far gun. Her eyes followed mine. The smile, plastered on her face seemingly grew bigger. It reminded me oddly of the Chesire Cat.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Ravyn honey, you're smarter than that" She was slowly shaking her head. Click clack. She. took another step closer to me.

Click clack click clack.

She was right in front of me and I could smell the acrid stench of her sweat. My hand still reached for my gun. She slammed her right heel into the top on my hand, I could her my bones crunching as all of her weight fell upon it. Stars danced in my head and the room got blurry. I think I cried out in pain.

She bent down so that her mouth was level with my left ear. "Nice try little one."

Her hand came behind my head and grabbed a fist full of my hair. She pulled hard and slammed my whole head into the ground. Hard. There was blood everywhere. And then as soon as she let go, her knife was at my throat.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this" her lips were against my ear.

I could feel the dots of blood slowly rising at my throat. I tried as hard as I could to throw her off, but there was already so much blood loss. I tried my hardest to fight her off. But it was useless, I had no chance. She smiled down at me.

"How pathetic" Her lips left my ear feeling wet, "It's rather amazing how far you've fallen" Then she began to laugh. Though one might describe it as a cackle.

She took the knife away from my throat and slowly stood up. "I am going to make this as slow and agonizing for you as I possibly can"

Sweat dripped down my face. My hair stuck to my forehead. I was wounded in too many places. My throat throbbed from the pressure of the knife. I had no more energy left. There was no chance for me. I was alone. This was it, I was going to die.

She took a step back and looked down at me. And then rammed the knife into my stomach. I screamed as the knife sliced into me. Then she pulled it out. Slowly. And for every agonizing second I cried.

Silently I said The Lord's Prayer even though I hadn't been to church in years. The room was spinning, and I felt like I was floating. And she just stood there laughing, the bloody knife still in her hand.

"I hope you enjoy bleeding to death. It will be hours and hours until you have any moment of peace" she spit at me.

I blinked several times to try and clear my eyes. My gun was close enough to reach. I must have moved at some point during the struggle. If only I could muster up enough strength to grab it. But everything hurt. My whole body was in deep pain. It even hurt to breathe.

Carefully I reached out and took a slow, painful breath. My fingers slowly wrapped around the handle and I pulled my arm in. She stood there babbling, oblivious to the gun in my hand.

"I hope you rot in hell. And your pretty little face will be no more once the maggots get to you." She turned around and began walking our of the room.

I lifted up my arm. Cocked the gun. And took another long, painful breath.

"Fuck you."

She turned around. And BANG!