HighSchool!5sos Series #1: How You Meet

Ashton:
My hands gripped the Styrofoam tray that carried the contents of a sandwich, water, and an apple as my feet took me across the lunch room. My backpack weighed down my strides although my body, used to it, still took me faster than an average walking speed. My eyes kept their target in lock ahead; the table in the corner that I claimed to be my own. Not entirely, of course as one person cannot claim a whole table, but I would claim the seat in the corner, my back to the wall and my bag in the seat next to me. I counted lunch as a study hall where I ate and did my work. If I hadn't any work, I'd usually read. My body swiftly went through the room until I was abruptly stopped by a colliding tray and some uneaten contents. I stopped in my tracks, nearly immediately before opening my eyes to see someone had fallen in front of me. I slowly looked down to notice my white shirt had been smothered with different items and a scrambling boy trying to stand up. "I am so sorry!" He said, trying to gather everything on the floor to throw out. He grabbed my hand, leading me out to the hallway as my stiff body, still unsure of what had just happened, ran after him. He burst into the ladies room, grabbing paper towels and dampening them. "This is the girl's room you know," I pointed out as his hands worked to get the stain out. I grabbed the clump of damp paper from his before he could do anymore, feeling as though it was a tad bit weird to have someone I don't know dabbing my abdomen. "I'm sorry again," he nearly whispered, looking at the ground. I smiled, my head tilted to my shirt. "It's okay. I wasn't that hungry anyway." I looked up at him with my smile still intact as his was just forming. Looking at my phone, I threw away the paper towel after realizing there's no more that could be done. "DO you want to come with me to my locker so I could grab my extra shirt and then maybe just sit in the cafeteria until it's over? If you want..." The boy in front of me perked up, his eyes lighting. I had never seen him around, never with anyone. He could be like me, wandering the halls from class to class without any friends except your books although I like it that way. He nodded while I smiled and walked out of the bathroom towards the stairs. "What's your name?" I asked, looking at him. "Ashton. What's yours?" His voice sounded so smooth and rich with his accent. "(Y/N)." I grinned.

Michael:
"It's quiz day!" The teacher at the front of the room beamed with a stack of papers in her hand. "I hope you all studied. You may begin once I hand them out and I know it may be hard but just try your best; good luck." I sighed, getting my supplies out when I heard a mumble come from next to me. The boy with the blonde, thin hair whispered something only I heard. I believe his name was something that started with an 'm', but quite frankly, I don't even care. Maybe it's Mark or Michael or something. "That's what she said," and with a chuckle. Even in a whisper, his accent was still heavy and, honestly, pretty too. I scoffed nonetheless, rolling my eyes. "That's disgusting," I whispered. His head turned to me, shocked to hear my voice as I hadn't talked all year. "Wow, she speaks." He retorted. I always knew he was obnoxious due to the fact that he never shut up and the things that came out of his mouth weren't the most appropriate. "Was that really necessary to say?" My eyes glared at him, his cocky face with a smug look plastered on it. It made me want to puke. "Sorry sweetie. Maybe you're not cut out for school and need to go back to the kitchen!" By this point I was a raging fire. Out of all the gross things this boy has said, this has got to be the most sickening. "You're a sexist pig." I whispered quieter, quickly turning away so the teacher could hand us out papers before returning to the front of the room, far away from him and me. "Calm down Princess, it was only a joke." Writing my name on my paper, I turned my head fully to him to see he neither sat without a care nor spoke with one. "You're repulsive for undermining the intelligence of a gender. You should know women are more reliable, responsible, caring, and smarter. A woman can be both a worker and a full time caretaker. Don't ever say any shit about women because they're strong and without us, nothing would run." My whisper-shout almost turned into a full on shout although I had to remember to keep myself quiet. I was still looking at his face, shocked and taken back. "Damn, sorry. I didn't mean it that way, it was just a joke." I had now gone to my quiz, answering the first two questions with ease. "Well don't fucking do it again." With him finally off my shoulder, I sighed and began to actually do the quiz. I had seen he went to it to with some noticeable struggling. He leaned ever so slightly to try and see my paper until I had caught him. "Stop!" I had said, although forgotten to keep my voice down. "(Y/N), Michael, is there a problem?" The teacher asked, looking up at us as our heads turned toward each other, shaking them a 'no' rapidly and going back to our quizzes. I couldn't help but smile, something about ratting him out made me feel so terrible. I could tell he was smiling too; a small chuckle escaped his mouth. "Thanks," he breathed out.

Calum:
I walked into the classroom, looking around before seeing the teacher smiling and motioning to take a seat. There were only about five people so far, so I had taken my seat next to the empty desk that separated a girl and me. My eyes watched around the room, looking at the various posters and setups lying around. "Is this seat taken?" A tall, tan boy asked above me. I shook my head, taking my bag off the seat to let him sit. "Thanks," he breathed out, smiling at me. "So, are you new to this club?" He asked, his accent shining through as his brown eyes connected with mine. "Yeah." I whispered, suddenly becoming very shy and having my cheeks turn a bright crimson. "I've been in it for three years, since I was a freshman. I'm obviously a junior now. What grade are you in?" Somehow his words made me feel a little better each time he said them, something about his aura calmed me. "I'm also a junior." I said with more confidence. "Really? I would have never guessed. I don't see you around a lot."
"Yeah, I spend a lot of my time with my friends in the library. We hang out there so we don't have to sit in the classes during study. Other than that, I make myself scarce and my actions quick. A lot of my friends go here but some go to a different school in the city." I realized I was rambling, catching myself and stopping before I made a fool of myself. I believe it may have already happened as he laughed slightly. "Yeah, I'm friends with nearly everyone in our grade so it's nice to meet you. I'm Calum. Hopefully we can be friends too." I smiled, thinking how crazy this is. This does not normally happen to people. This has got to be some sort of prank? Trap? Right? "I'm (Y/N)." I answered. "Well, (Y/N), welcome to the school newspaper! Maybe we could do an article together. I'll be your guide; I'll teach you the ins and outs, the ropes, everything you need to know." I couldn't believe this was happening. I wanted to seriously pinch myself to see if this was a dream. His smile seemed so real, his eyes, his accent, his friendliness. It seemed almost too real. I guess everyone has to take a chance sometime.

Luke:
"I know!" I laughed, throwing my head back slightly as the amusement overtook my body. "Wait, (Y/F/N), what do you have next?" I asked my friend as she slid her schedule across the table. This was the only period I saw her and I was thankful because it's a study hall and not one of those gross silent ones. Plus, it had a lot of my friends too. I took a look at her next class and gave her back the paper. "God bless you," I sighed, "how can you possible survive AP chemistry? It's like hell." She laughed and shrugged, zipping her bag and looking back at me. "It's really hard but I figure it looks good. It is hell though, it's insane." I raised my eyebrows, not expecting that answer. Her hands worked the hem of her shirt as she sat at the edge of her seat. "Then why take it? I mean, yeah it looks good, but is it really worth it?" She shrugged once more. "Either this or physics." I nearly slammed my hands against the desk, my mouth hanging open in surprise as I sharply in took a breath. "I take physics, and not AP! I'm doing fine and I am not as smart as you. You would have been fine and you would have been with me!" She laughed and rolled her eyes, knowing she already went over this with me once more. "It's just such a hard class, I don't get you." I sighed, twirling a pen around my fingers. Suddenly, a voice spoke up from the desk in the corner, two feet away from us. A book was put down in front of a blonde boy with the most intense eyes. "It's not that bad," he spoke, cleaning his throat after. His voice was soft and had a hint of an accent through the near-whisper. "I mean, it's actually kind of easy if you take the notes, do the reading, and remember the basic things. It's not bad and the teacher is really nice." I had never heard this kid talk but I had seen his around many times before. "Are you in her class?" I asked. He nodded, smiling slightly from embarrassment. "I sit in the back." His hands began to pack away his books, slinging on his bag as my friend and I got more into the conversation with this kid. "I've seen you around but I don't know your name?" I said, more so asking. He cleared his throat once more and by this time my friend had gone to the bathroom to check on her makeup. "I'm Luke, and I know you're (Y/N). Not because I'm a creep but because I'm in your English class and the teacher is always asking you to stop talking." I laughed and this time it was my cheeks that were red. "So, you're like super smart?" I asked once I had calmed down a bit. "I guess..." He shrugged while his voice lowered a bit. "Well, Luke, maybe once day you could tutor me in physics since you're such a science guy." I smiled softly as his eyes widened and a big grin forming on his face. "Sure, yeah, totally!" He said, slightly too eager but equally as adorable. I can't believe I had never met this boy before...

-----

This will be a new series I am going to do, I hope you guys like it! I'm always a slut for HighSchool!5sos tbh

((follow me on tumblr; sighhlouis.tumblr.com!!))