Female Body Basics

^^My drawing that is titled Angel. As you can see I am so-so with my hand skills. XD

Perfecting the female body takes time and patience. But if you work hard, you will soon see your progress.

When many people draw other people, they have a hard time figuring out where to start at.

Step 1: Always do a rough sketch.
Before you even start thinking about what clothes you want. Figure out a pose. There are so many tools that are available to you. If you are a girl yourself, have someone take a picture of you in the pose you want. This can be a very helpful guide. You can easily see the shape of how arms and legs are to look.

Step 2: 2nd Rough sketch.
How that you did a simple sketch of the basic idea of how you want it, finalize your simple sketch to the 2nd stage.

Step 3: The third and final sketch will be done in a lining pen. Usually use a thicker 0.6 pen for the body and 0.4 for hair and details.

So you want to start at the head and work down.

Head: For the head start by drawing a circle and if you have a hard time lining eyes up and stuff, draw a cross on the face for a guide. If your having trouble shaping the head, take a picture of you, or use ads from magazines to guide you. (I will go over all of these in more detail in the next chapter)

Torso and Chest: A women's body has curves and shape. When you draw her chest, you want to slowly curve inwards, then out again, creating her hip shape. Hourglass? (If your perfect).

Legs: This is a basic guide to legs. I will go into way more detail later.
For the legs, you may have a hard time figuring out which pose you want it in. Try just drawing the legs straight up and down so you can practice the basis of the shape you are going for. Remember after the knee, legs curve slightly inwards and out again. There not just straight lines!

Arms: Same as the legs, I will go into more detail later. But for now, remember to keep the shape of the arm simple and don't go too crazy your first time round drawing a person.

Remember: Our bodies are not 2D. They are 3D. So add depth to the limbs and overlap hands and legs and hair to other parts of the body. This makes your person look real and not cartoony.