~Pencils~

^^My set of 12 sketching pencils. I have been using these for five years now. ^^

When sketching, you can use almost any type of median for pencils.

Mechanical, wooden, or even plastic pencils can be used. So which is the best?

Here are the questions you need to ask yourself before buying pencils from an art store.

1. How much do I sketch?
-If you draw on a regular basis pf everyday and enjoy yourself, treat yourself.
The best kind of drawing pencils that are reasonable priced are the STAEDTLER Mars Lumpgraph pencils. The pencils come in a sturdy metal case with 12 to use ranging from 4H to 6B. (If you don't understand the thickness meanings don't worry! My next chapter will be about that.) These pencils cost 10.00 dollars on amazon and maybe a little more at Michael's or any other craft store.

2. What is my budget?
     -Sets of sketching pencils can range from being cheap to affordable to really expensive.
I would recommend the affordable priced pencils over cheap, because quality matters.
A more expensive choice for pencils might be in the 20-50 dollar range. What?! Honestly to get the pencils you need you only need to spend 5-10 dollars at the most. More expensive pencils won't change the outcome of your work. It's in your mind that makes the difference.

Overall don't go out of your way to by overpriced sketching pencils.