The Foretold- Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

When I woke up I was in the home cave, as I’d come to call it. But it was…different, somehow. Everything was brighter and everything was so clear. I stood up and felt shorter, too. I turned toward the mouth of the cave and Daniel, Selena, Aaron, and Alex were sitting there, staring at me with wide eyes. “What are you staring at?” I asked, my voice sounded different, too.

            “Er, Elizabeth, you might want to see this.” Aaron says, setting a bowl of water in front of me. I’m really confused until I look in the bowl. The face staring back at me is a stranger. I see the black and white wolf with silver eyes. I push past the pack and run to the lake. I distantly realize I can run a lot faster. When I arrived at the lake I was panting like crazy. I looked down and saw what I had thought was true, I was a wolf. My blue eyes had turned silver. And I was the exact same wolf I had seen in my visions. I was The Foretold. “Elizabeth,” Daniel whined from behind me. “I’m so sorry.”

            “Ryan,” I snarl at the lake. “He did this.”

            “Elizabeth…”

            “I’m going to find him and I’m not going to stop looking until he’s dead!”

Daniel walked over and sat down next to me. I leaned on him and sighed. “What am I going to do?” I whine.

            “Whatever you need to do. The pack wants you to fight Ciera, but it’s your choice. By the way, Ryan’s dead. He fell off the cliff.”

            “Did you find his body?”

            “Well, no.”

            “Then don’t assume he’s dead. Like in my books, they think the guy is dead but they don’t find the body and they think, ‘Oh well, no one could survive that,’ but then the guy lives and kills someone. And everybody else says, ‘Aw, crap. We shouldn’t have thought he was dead,’.”

            “But Elizabeth, he fell from the cliff! Oh, well, do what you want. If you want to try and find him you can; and I’ll be with you the whole way.”

I look at the lake, my mind whirling. “I just…oh, Daniel, I don’t know!” I wail. He pats me on the back until I calm down. “Well, you’re taking it better then Selena.” Daniel offers. I manage to choke out a laugh. I look down at my paws, white against the sandy bank. “So, uh, how do I turn human, again?” I ask, nervously.

Daniel laughs and says, “Close your eyes,” I do as he says. “Now reach deeeeeep into your mind and find your human self. Imagine you are peeling away at you’re memories and you’re at the center of your brain.”

I do what he says, and suddenly I’m standing on the beach on two, human feet. “Will it always be this hard?”

            “No, eventually you’ll be able to shift without a second thought.”

The idea both frightened and excited me. I sigh again and Daniel grabs my hand. “It’ll be ok Elizabeth, I’ll help you through this.” I nod and take one last glance into the lake. I realize my eyes are silver not only in my wolf form, but as a human as well, now. Awesome. Cue sarcasm and eye rolling. Daniel gently pulls me back to camp. When we walk in, everyone stops and stares. I take a deep breath and keep walking, my head high, until I reach the cave. Now I understand why Daniel walked so tall and proud the day I met him. When I reached the mouth of the cave, Melody asked, “Are you going to save us, Elizabeth?”

I turned around and found a large boulder. I clambered on top and look out of the small group of people and wolves. “Yes, I will fight Ciera; I will save the werewolf race!”

The pack cheered in response.

Ok, guys, next chapter! um, if its possible, it would be super awesome for someone to draw a picture of what you think Elizabeth's wolf form looks like. if i like the picture, i'll use it for the cover, 'cause i dont really like mine at the moment...

so...please

vote

comment

FAN! :)

                      - ShadoWolf <3: