The Foretold- Chapter 10

Another update! yays!  ENJOY!

Chapter Ten

“Wake up Elizabeth! You’ve been asleep for a day and a half! Wake up!

When I opened my eyes Selena was shaking me and yelling in my ear.

“Ok, ok. I’m up; you can stop yelling at me, now.” I mumbled, pushing her away.

            “Daniel and Aaron are waiting for you in the cave,”

I sat up and yawned. “Why?”

            “They want to ask you about last night.”

            “Oh,”

            “Are you ready?”

            “Do you have a brush?”

            “Yeah, here ya go,” she hands me a brush.

            “Thanks,” I yank the brush through my knotted hair. When I'm done, I put it in a ponytail. “’Kay, I'm ready.”

We got up and walked back to the cave, side-by-side. I had a feeling we would be great friends again. When we walked into the cave, the boys looked up and Daniel scooted over to make room for me. I sat down and Daniel got right to the point. “What happened last night?”

            “Well, uh, I was sitting on the cliff and when I looked into the lake I saw weird visions, it was creepy.”

            “What did you see?”

            “I saw the camp being attacked and you two,” I waved my hand toward Selena and Aaron. “Were fighting your butts off, and Daniel…it was terrible.” I shuddered.

No one spoke, so I continued. “But, then, I saw another wolf I have never seen before sitting in front of the lake with another shiny wolf, but then I snapped out of it.”

Still, no one spoke, but they were all staring at me with wide eyes.

“Bravo,” but no one in the cave had spoken. Alex walked into the cavernous room, clapping. “See, I told you she was The Foretold.”

            “Well, at least we know why the vamps are chasing you,” Aaron said, trying to lighten the mood.

            “What do you mean The Foretold? Foretold for what?” I demand.

“Well, according to the legend that is passed down from generation to generation,” Daniel starts. “Linime, the original werewolf and the king werewolf, fought with the vamp queen, Ciera, the army fought for years, and finally the werewolves won. But then the wolf goddess, Serenity, spoke to Linime and told him that even if he thought he had killed Ciera, she wouldn’t really die. Then Ciera would want revenge and she would come back stronger then ever, even all the packs together couldn’t kill her. But then Serenity told Linime of prophesied wolf who would save us all from destruction. She said that the wolf would have strange visions. That wolf is you.”

            “Me?” I asked, incredulous.

            “Yes, you; and somehow the vampires knew about it before us.” He mused.

            “But I'm not a wolf,” I state.

            “Not yet,” Alex said, grinning a wicked grin at me. I made a show of scooting away from him.

            “She’s right,” Daniel said, disapproval in his voice. “And I am not taking her humanity and family and friends away from her.”

            “But she’ll save us, Daniel.” A girl walked into the cave, along with the pack peering in behind her. I recognized her as the black and grey wolf. “We’re the last pack in North America, and last time I checked a whole pack from China wasn’t coming over to save us from extinction.”

            “What? That doesn’t even make sense, Melody.” Alex taunted her. Melody just stuck her tongue out and said, “Whatever,”

            “We’ve been waiting so long and she’s not even a wolf?” one of the pack members asked. That started and uproar and the whole pack was unsettled, even the non-werewolves. “I’ll do it!” a voice rose above the others. “I’ll bite her.” A tall, strong looking boy pushed to the front. Daniel stood up and took a protective stance in front of me. “I don’t think so, Ryan.” He growled.

            “I don’t think so Ryan.” He mimicked in a high-pitched voice. “Well, we do think so; we’re tired of living in constant fear of the vampires all time! The only thing that can save us is her,” he pointed at me. “And we’re troubled by the small problem of her not being a werewolf; a problem easily solved.

            “I’m not ruining her life! Just because some drunken werewolf ruined yours, doesn’t mean you have to ruin everyone else’s!” Daniel pushed through the pack and past a speechless, angry Ryan. As soon as Daniel was outside Ryan shifted into wolf-form and attacked Daniel from behind.

 please vote comment and fan!!!!!

Shadowolf