The Foretold- Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

I pushed my way outside and saw the pack had made a circle around the fighting wolves. Sure, I had seen my two pet dogs play fighting but this was way different, and scarier. I saw two brown blurs and occasionally a wolf. But the worst part was the noise; it was deafening. Loud snarls, roaring (Can wolves roar? Oh, well.) that sounded feral, and yowls of pain, but from whom, I couldn’t tell.  When the fighting finally ended, both of them were pretty beat up. Daniel had a huge scratch on his back and bite marks on his shoulder and stomach. But Ryan was much worse: multiple scratches on his back and hind legs, bite marks on his neck and shoulders, and worse. But the winner was Daniel, he had Ryan pinned on down on his back. I recognized him as the dirty brown wolf from when I first came here. Ryan went slack and Daniel let him go and walked away. As soon as Daniel had turned his back Ryan jumped up and ran toward me. He grabbed the back of my shirt and dragged me into the woods. He ran faster and faster as I trailed behind him, screaming. He gracefully found a hole in the thorn bushes and went through while I got the full impact of it on my back. When we finally got to the lake, I was pretty scratched up. Before I could even recover, or stand up, he grabbed my arm between his jaws and bit down hard enough to draw blood. His sharp wolf teeth sank into my skin like it was butter. I screamed and he let go of my hand. I cradled it to my chest, tears streaming down my face. Daniel, followed by the rest of the pack in wolf form, arrived at the lake. Ryan turned human and grabbed my good arm and dragged me to the top of the cliff. I didn’t fight him this time, what was the point? “Too late,” Ryan taunted the pack. “I’ve already bitten her!” He held up my arm that he had bitten. I screamed in agony, which seemed to wake Selena, Aaron, and Daniel from some sort of dream. They ran toward us and surrounded Ryan. “Ryan, why would you do this to her?!” Selena cries. I heard Ryan chuckle menacingly and I moaned by his feet. They took a step forward and Ryan took a step back. It turned out he took a step too much, and he plunged into the lake below. The last thing I remember is Daniel whispering in my ear.

hate this chapter. its an important one, but not very well written.... ugh. its also reallllllly short. so, i might be going through my previous chapters and editing them and making them longer. also, do any of you want Daniel's POV?