What To Say

"It doesn't matter," I dodged the question.

"but...I wont tell anyone!"

"FINE!" I yelled at him..."Sorry!"

"It's...okay!" Drew put his hand on mine, I held it to me - not because I like him - because I needed some comfort!

"My...best friend, she called me that...before she died," I choked out, my voice hoarse.

"Oh" Drew looked down.

"She had cancer. It was all to mu...much for her, and the pain, she, she told them to end it, and all they could do, was really, literally end it for her." I stumbled over my words and fiddled with my silver bracelet that used to be my best friends.

"You, didn't have to share that with me," he looked up at me.

I glared at him, "You pestered the life out of me for it!" I shook the tears out of my eyes. "Just whatever, I don't want you sympathy!" I carried on walking.

"Class is this way!" He pointed in the other direction. I closed my eyes and sighed,

"Don't tell me your in my second class as well!"

"Yep!"

"I said don't tell me!" A grave expression etched on my face. I made my way down the other hall, looked at Drew, and opened the door. I stepped inside, it was magnificent! Yellow wall paper, science experiments, it was so beautiful! And hot boys! I walked in, amazed at it'sbeauty, did I mention, I have always wanted to be a nurse? Ever since my friend past away, my biggest ambition was to cure people.

Drew pushed me out of the way to take a look, "What? What you looking at?" I scoffed,

"Look around you Drew, it;s magnificent!"

He raised his eye brow a me, "You might wanna sit down!" He nudged his head towards the teacher, staring at me.

"Right!" I mumbled. I sat on a desk of four chairs. Two were filled, and I made three. I sat next to a girl who had a name tag saying 'My Name Is ... Hugh Jass! - i'm guessing it wasn't her real name, that she was playing some kind of stupid joke on people. The other girl at the end of the row was named was Bella, so her name tag said. Then the boy sat the other side of me...wait a minute...

Was Drew. Great. "Get away!"

"Why?" Asked Drew, looking me right in the eyes.

"Because we had a deal, you walk me to class, and then you leave me alone."

"I make loads of deals," he gave a smirk.

"Is one of those deals dating every girl in this stupid sea school?" I asked, pushing my luck. He sat back on his chair and laughed,

"You know how to shut someone up!"

"A gift I'd say," I turned round, trying to ignore him; but he just kept coming back.

"Your beauty is your greatest gift," he tried.

"WOULD YOU SHUT IT!" I controlled my emotions and played hard. I looked round, the teacher was staring at us, and so was the two girls on my table. Annoyingly, me and Drew had the same idea. I waved while he gave a winning smile.

Great...now I know that we have the same mind. Although, his mind is a little more sick and twisted.

I tried to ignore him for the hole of the lesson, it  was hard! He was constantly staring at me. I nudged him a few times, and once or twice I looked round at him.

After a few minutes of ignoring his cold eyes, I finally cracked and glared at him, only to find his eyes adverted to the girl at the end of the table. He was making love looks at her! I was so furious, I could feel myself turn red. I turned round to the girl, I gave her the dagger eyes, but of course, she didn't see, she was to busy staring at Drew. I nearly got up to slap her, but controlled my anger, and patiently waited until the end of the lesson.

I nearly slapped myself silly, what was I thinking? Why should I care who Drew likes?

The bell sounded.

We all piled out of the doors, I pulled the girls bag and started to reason with her. "Look, I don;t want you to get hurt or anything, so if I were you, I would....leave him to me, to sort out!" She gave me a blank expression. But what I didn't realize is that Drew was lingering down the hallway. After the girl ran off, he stopped me in my tracks.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" I asked, avoiding eye contact...or ANY contact.

"You just totally stopped that girl from going out with me!"

"So? I just don't want to see her get hurt!"

"More like, you don't want to get hurt!" He laughed.

"What are you on about!" I made for the lower deck, anything to get away from Drew's good looks...wait, I meant, his good charm...AHHH! What's happening to me!!!

I slapped myself round the face.

"Uhhh...what are you doing?" Drew came up to face me.

"Nothing!" I mock smiled and ran down the hall onto the lower deck.

"She soooo digs me!" Drew whispered under his breath.

On the lower deck, there was a swimming pool and a hot tub and a fruit bar. Everything I could dream of. the prices were disgusting! A £5 JUST to higher a deck chair to get a sun tan on! I think not!

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned round, it was Drew. He brought out his wallet and said, "I believe the beautiful lady would like on of these!" He wafted a £20 note in front of the sales man. He took it and gave Drew two deck chairs. I rolled my eyes,

"I owe you one!" I said, then, realizing it was Drew, I coughed, "You shouldn't have done that."

I sat the deck chair near the edge of the boat, drew did the same, right next to me. Great.

"Look, this is all very..."

"Hush," he put his finger to my lips, "Just listen to the water, and watch the setting sun.

We were out there in silence for at least four hours, I felt my skin start to burn. And lucky for me, Drew had the sun cream. "Let me get that for you!" He rubbed the cream on my neck for me, not that I had a choice. I rolled my eyes,

"Thought you would be doing this to the girl in the Science lab!" I snapped.

"So...you do care!" He smirked, even though I couldn't see him, I could imagine the horrible drop-dead good looking smirk he was giving to me.

"I...kinda guess I care, yeah!" I couldn't believe what I was saying, and when I turned round to look at Drew, apparently neither could he. His smirk was gone, his eyes wide and his face pale. He coughed and got his cool back.

"Knew it!" He he smiles, surprisingly sweet to me. I hid my anger, deep, deep down. Rested his arms behind his head, his eyes shut. It was dark now, the stars were up and shining, and sadly, it was only me and Drew here.

"So what do you really think of me?" He asked, I closed my eyes at the question, I had been preparing for this.