Chapter Six:

Athena:

The game is tied. Five to Five. The next team to score a goal wins.

Klaus I had to admit is way too amazing for his own good. And that is something I will never say out loud. Ever.

Besides there is no such thing as modesty in his dictionary so if I did complement him, he'd probably reverse it and insult me. Of course I hope he wouldn't do that with me - as Athena. If he does I would most likely have him soaring out an open window. At least I'm nice and say open window.

I summon another ball since our last one shriveled up, and went poof into a puff of smoke. Weird.

I hand the ball off to the referee and stand in front of Klaus, a soft smile in place. However, I can't get too cocky now, I haven't won yet.

Even though I seriously want to.

The ball is tossed in the air and as I watch, Klaus bends his knees slightly as I have observed, and gets ready to run when he catches the ball.

Or so he thinks.

I shove Klaus's head to the ground and grab the ball for myself and toss it to a teammate.

Then when he looks up at me...I could tell that the gloves were off.

Oh boy.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Klaus:

I look up at the the woman who has nearly beaten me in my favorite game. Heh nearly.

I watch as she gets out of the grasp I had on her wrist and runs down the field with me trying to keep up with her.

Her teammate tosses her the Lazdis ball and she quickly throws it down on the ground several feet in front of her.

What's she planning now?

Taking a running start toward it she surprises me even more when she front flips and catches the ball in her legs and throws it toward the goal as  she flips.

Not surprisingly it goes in and her team cheers.

I stand there in shock. Me, Klaus, the Prefect in shock. Who would have thought?

She comes up to me and stretches out her hand as if we are first meeting.

I take her hand and she says confidently, "I'm Athena a guardian. Nice to play with you."

She shakes my hand and bounces away joyfully...reminding somehow me of Dvina.

Athena. What a pretty name.
I think I've heard it some where before though.

I dismiss the class and head for my office deep in thought.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

???? POV:

"She plays fairly well." My apprentice, Jolene mutters as we stare into the crystal orb watching my enemy, Athena, the Guardian of the Ark as she dances around her room happily.

"Of course she does Jolene! She invented the game!"

"Sorry Mentor I didn't know." Jolene says apologetically.

I snort, "There's a lot you don't know."

Jolene, whether or not she is hurt by my words, doesn't let it show on her face.

Then in the corner of the room I spot Athena's familiar, Bella the shape shifting Raven, perched in her cage asleep.

"Hmm...Jolene how would you like to have a familiar of your own?"

Jolene quickly picks up on what I am saying and nods, "I'd love to have one"

"Then we have some work to do, do we not?" I ask an evil smirk plain on my face.

"Indeed, Balthazara."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

A/N: Don't worry 'Balthazara' will be explained in the next chapter.
Look forward to it! And one person said to make these chapters longer...but where's the fun in that?

LISTENING NOW: "All the right moves - One Republic"