A new friend

Walking home is plain torture, especially after school with my heavy bag. Walking in my own pace, my attention to the ground, I hear a car slowing down next to me. I keep on going, speeding up my pace, when I realize the car is still going. I look up to see no other then the new guy. He motions for me to come over, but I ignore him and keep on walking. He ushered me a second time and I don't know what got into me that moment, but I walked towards his shiny black Audi R8, and got into the passenger seat.

"Where to?" , he asks in his smooth voice.

I didn't know what to say. I wanted to go home but at the same time looking into his deep blue eyes, I didn't want to get away from him.

"Danielle..?" he repeated. Omg great now he's going to think I'm a bigger retard than before.

"Anywhere but home.", I say, trying to sound calm but cool. He gives me a sweet smile and we drive away in the wind.

Talking to him makes me feel different. It makes me feel a bit special, as if I belong somewhere, as if someone wants me. We are sitting in a deserted cafe, where he ordered chocolate ice cream with cookie dough for me even though I knew I couldn't eat it because it had too many calories, but theres something about him I couldn't say no to.

We spend the rest of the time talking. It felt weird being able to talk to someone without being made fun of. He tells me about his life back in California. He used to be the best swimmer on the team, and the smartest student as well. He tells me how his little sister means the world to him, and how he doesn't want her to know why she is the reason his parents divorced. Listening to his calm voice, talking about his life as if it is written out, I feel like I had known him my whole life.

"Whats your name?", I blabber out without thinking. He gives me a shocked look. My heart started beating so fast that it felt like it was going to pop out on the table any second and I can feel my cheeks burning. He then starts laughing. His laugh is so soothing, like a melody playing.

"Justin. I cant believe you didn't ask me earlier Danielle." I give him a small smile and take a spoon of my ice cream.

"Now tell me some things about yourself." Myself, myself. There is nothing to tell. I am nothing. I am not wanted. I am alone. I feel a lump building in my throat trying to break free. I don't cry because I'm strong. Danielle you don't get upset your strong. Im so stupid he asked you a simple question and you're sad. That's maybe a reason why you don't have any friends. Im pathetic.

"Danielle.."

"Oh, uhm, I-I like, I don't know."

He doesn't say anything, just nods and smiles. What is wrong with this boy. Why is he so carrying. Why doesn't he just get up and leave? Doesn't he realize by now that I'm just another crazy, psychotic girl?

He pays the bill and we leave. During the whole ride we don't say anything, I try to avoid eye contact with him by starring out the window because trees became so fascinating out of the sudden. He turns up the radio to break the silence. We arrive at my house shortly after.

I look at him, his hands still on the starring wheel. "Thank you for today Justin, that was really uhm kind of you."

"No problem." He flashes me his brilliant teeth. I get out and walk up the drive way. Once home, I go upstairs to my room. Luckily my mom works full time which means she wont my be home for another few hours. I am tempted to go into my bathroom, but I feel so exhausted I go straight to bed, not even bothered to change.