Chapter Seven

VII

“Champion! You’re home!” Sabel grinned, affectionately wrapping his arms around my mid-section. I smiled, patting his head — grateful that I was his favorite older sibling. Otherwise, Aureate was his favorite, overall. 

It was a twin thing. 

Aureate, however, kept her distance. She was different from her easily amused twin — never getting involved in things unless it was absolutely necessary that she had to. She was quiet, and took to very few people. 

Sabel was the only one who’s ever made her laugh. 

I smiled at her, “Hello, Aurey.” 

“Champion,” she replied, acknowledging me with a single nod. Over the years, I have had people tell me over, and over again that I was mature for my age. And, those were the very same people who have never met my baby sister. 

She was thirteen years old, and could trump Surge in basically anything. But, I guess that really wasn’t much of a comparison. Anyone could trump Surge. Either way, the young girl was impressive. More so than either Calix or I. 

Which reminded me — 

“Where is Calix?”

Sabel giggled a bit before shrugging. I sighed. 

“What’d you do?”

“Nothi—”

“He locked Calix outside,” Aureate interjected. “Naked.”

Another sigh escaped me. 

“So, where is he, now?”

“I think he went to Elle’s.” I nodded, knowing it’d be best to just wait for him, then. Elle was Calix’s long-time girlfriend, who was, ironically, actually a few years younger than him. But, maturity wise, it always seemed as if the sweet blonde was older than my idiot brother. But, they made each other happy. And, as long as they were, so was my mother. 

Calix, being older than me by only a year, was the seemingly opposite of the fifteen year old Elle. She was elegant, raised with proper etiquette and table manners. 

Basically, everything Calix lacked. 

But, from what she told me, Calix allowed her to be a different person. Who she really was. And, most importantly, someone her parents would never appreciate — never approve of. And, as long as they stayed out of trouble, it would seem as if they were together for the long haul. 

“You know, Sabel, it wouldn’t hurt you to be nicer to him, for once.”

And, once again, I found myself being grateful that the younger boy had taken a liking to me, instead. 

~          ~        ~                                                                                            ~        ~       ~

Surge nuzzled into my neck. And, for now, I let him. Because his warm breath against my skin felt nice. And, as long as his arms stayed wrapped around me, and his hands weren’t wandering, we were fine. 

And, although it often seemed as if I didn’t appreciate this boy — I did. More so than anyone could imagine. He was my teammate, my best friend, my significant other. And, for that, I was grateful — proud, even. 

Surge lifted his head, gently tracing my jaw line with his thumb. He almost looked lost in thought as he studied my face; the world being lost to him for the moment. 

“How’d your mission go, babe?”

I wouldn’t say anything about his peculiar behavior for the moment. Instead, I moved closer to him on the bed, intertwining our legs. If I asked him, now, he wouldn’t tell me. 

“Well, for starters, I had to share a room with Naruto—” His body stiffened next to me, making me realize how bad that could sound. “Don’t worry. We had separate beds.” Surge relaxed, but I could sense that it was still bothering him. 

Lightly, I kissed his lips — bringing him back from wherever his thoughts had taken him. And, when he smiled, I realized how much of a bad idea that had been. 

His lips pulled up into a devilish smirk, his once distant eyes now alive and playful. 

I glared as Surge crawled atop me. 

“You’ve been gone quite some time, y’know.”  He huskily murmured, running his nose along the base of my throat. His rams were on either side of my head, his legs firmly aside my hips — caging me in between his body and the bed.

“It’s been three days, Surge.” He ran his hand along the curve of my side, lowering bottom half so that he was straddling me. 

My frown deepened. 

“Surge,” I warned. He ignored me. 

So, I did what I always did. I readied myself to bring my knee between his hips. 

But, he was quicker. 

The boy, having been anticipating my attack, grabbed my knee. And, before I had the chance to attempt another attack, situated himself between my legs. 

I scowled. 

“Champion,” he tsked, nipping at my skin, “that wasn’t very nice.” He lifted his head, smirking at me. And for a moment, I let myself study his face. 

The subtle curve of his lips, decorate with two silver piercings just below his bottom lip, both located on the right. My eyes traced his sharp nose. And, without really meaning to, my thumb found his scar — just below his right eye — carefully tracing the interior of it. His eyes lazily closed, masking the warm, but steely color of his blue eyes. 

I found myself kissing him. It was a deliberate slow kiss, my fingers tracing his shoulder; then, moving up to play with his hair. My leg moved against his, the feel of his stern body against mine somehow comforting. 

Surge slipped his tongue into my mouth making me sigh against his lips. 

Perhaps I had missed him, too. 

!~*~*~*~*~*~!

Guuuuuuuuise. I just love Surge so much can I marry him yes ok. Is it okay to be in love with your own character I dunno but I am. ~whoops~ I love Sabel too. Idk. He jus doesn’t like Calix and for some reason that amuses me. 

Anywho. Probs gonna be another picture of surge on the side because he’s my favorite to do ((if you know what I mean))

Oh! And “Aurey” ((Aureate’s nickname)) Is pronounced R-rey. Js.