Chapter Two

II

Lady Tsunade worked to straighten the mountains of paper that adorned her desk, steep enough to bury us both neck deep. And, it was only when I cleared my throat did she realize I was standing there. 

Startled, she jumped, sending me an apologetic smile. 

“You wanted to see me?”

She nodded, gesturing for me to come closer. 

“Before we get started, I just wanted to clarify a few things. I’m sending you, along with Naruto-”

“Naruto?”

“Yes, Uzumaki. I’m sure you’ve heard of him.”

Internally, I groaned. Of course I had. 

“As you know, he’s solely blamed himself for Sasuke Uchiha’s disappearance, years prior. And, ever since he’s come back from training with Jiraiya, he’s been killing himself to get the young Uchiha back.”

It was true, I did know. All that boy ever went on about was the stupid Uchiha. Something about their bonds, I didn’t know. I didn’t care. I hadn’t of known Sasuke, or really, any of them. They were all in a higher graduating class than me back at the Academy. And, as far as I was concern, Sasuke was just another rogue. 

“What does this have to do with anything?”

Lady Tsunade sighed, seeming reluctant to continue. “We may have a lead on Sasuke. And, with the Akatsuki running around- wanting him for more confidential reasons- I can’t have Naruto running off. You’re a skilled jounin, Champion, even for your age. So, I’m sending you two away. It’s a simple mission, but it’ll keep Naruto occupied. I just need you to keep an eye on him.”

Great. I’m babysitting. 

But, before anything more was said, the said blonde burst through the door, disrupting any sort of peace there might have been. 

“Granny!” He yelled, “I don’t have time for this! I need to be looking for Sasuke!”

The woman’s temper seemed to spike. “I am the damned Hokage, and you will do the mission I assign you!”

He seemed to want to yell back, but suddenly cut himself short; having caught sight of me. Being caught off guard, Naruto stared for a few moments before recomposing himself. 

Naruto turned to Tsunade, thrusting his thumb in my direction. “Who’s that?”

Tsunade gave a small smile, reciting my information almost as if she had memorized it all. “Champion Kohana, age sixteen, born July second, jounin.” 

Naruto pursed his lips. “She seems a bit scrawny to be a jounin, don’t you think?”

Lady Tsunade’s smile grew.

“Perhaps. But, not as so much that she couldn’t kick your ass.”

~      ~        ~

Grumbling, I threw more things into my bag. Surge, on the other hand, amusedly watched me from where he lounged on my bed. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone more useless.

“C’mon, babe, it can’t be that bad,” Surge offered. He knew how I felt about the idiot. Yet, as always, he couldn’t be bothered by how I was feeling. Rather, was looking for something more of his benefit. 

“Have you ever met the guy? He thinks he’s soo freaking- you know what, I don’t even know how to describe it! ‘Imma be Hokage, believe it!’” Frustrated, I angrily threw another weapon into my bag; the clink being loud enough to wake someone. 

Arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me away from the weaponry. Surge lightly kissed my neck before nuzzling into it. “Shh, you’ll wake someone. We don’t want a repeat of last time, do we?”

I sighed. He was right. The last time mom caught him in my room…it wasn’t pretty. Especially since he was undergoing another plan to try and seduce me. One that was have failed miserably, anyways. But, he was still naked, nonetheless.

She still wont let us live that one down. 

“Surge…” I sighed out as he placed kisses along my jaw line, reaching out to capture my lips. 

His kiss, however sweet it was, was short lived. For, I had a mission in the morning, and was in no mood for his shenanigans. And, to make sure he got the hint, my elbow buried itself in his stomach; making the silver-haired horn-dog double over. 

Chuckling slightly, I kissed the top of his head. “I think it’s time for you to go home, Surge.”

!~*~*~*!

So like sorry this chapter was boring. And sorry Surge seems like a jerk. But he’s not (jk he totes is) but I love him and I’ve edited like a million pictures of him and he’s perf ok. Picture on the side is Surge :*