fourteen

if i was to do a q&a, would anyone participate??? it wouldn't be until after chapter 20, because that's roughly halfway, but yanno, just wondering

///

Eri: calum
Eri: you still up?

Cal: sure am
Cal: what's up?

Eri: i'm just not very happy rn

Cal: do you want me to come round?
Cal: I have hot chocolate and warm blankets

Eri: please?

Cal: anything for you :-)

Eri: i'm in bed, there's a key in the plant by the door. i don't want a hot chocolate, so help yourself if you do

Cal: i'm on my way

///

And in almost no time at all, Calum was curled up to Erini's side, and her fingers were playing with his naturally curly locks.

"What's wrong?" He spoke softly, kissing Erini's bare stomach from where her shirt had rode up.

"I don't know, I just get into a funk sometimes, and it's hard to get out of it," Erini sighed, her fingers lightly pulling out a knot.

"Yeah, I get you," Calum moved up the bed so he was face to face with Erini, smiling small at her. "But that's completely natural. My mum used to tell me that sometimes really good, happy people get really sad, but that's only because they've burnt themselves out by being happy all the time; all they need is some time to reflect and realise why they signs m should continue being happy. Of course, I thought it was kinda dumb -- I was fifteen and mad at the world -- but after being on tour with my three best friends, I get what she means."

Erini had moved closer to Calum whilst he was talking, and was now resting her read on his shoulder, tracing the tattoo on his collarbone whilst he spoke softly to her.

"I mean, get Ashton, he's always smiling and laughing, and telling the fans how much he loves them, right?" Calum started playing with the ends of Erini's hair, smiling to himself. "He's the happiest guy I know, and yet he gets really, really sad. He's cried himself to sleep before now, after refusing to let any of us help, and then in the morning he's all happy again. It happens to the best of us. We use too much positive energy, that it has a negative impact on us."

Erini looked up at Calum, suddenly seeing him in a whole new light. He was more than just Calum Hood, boy that she loved who got along with all her friends, he was Calum Hood, who loves puppies, and cared about his friends like brothers, and tried his best to draw a flower at the art museum, and looked genuinely upset when it looked more like a deformed penis. He was Calum Hood, a teenaged boy with emotions.

"What are you thinking?" He mumbled, sinking down the sheets until they were nose to nose.

"How much I'd hate myself in the morning if I don't kiss you right now."

And so they kissed, over and over again, soft lapping of their lips. He broke off the kiss, and pulled her shirt over her head. Erini covered her chest timidly, but Calum didn't make a single attempt to look at her boobs. Instead, he took his shirt off, and handed it to her, adverting his eyes until she had it on.

Then he snuggled into her covers, pulling she tiresome girl into his side, and placing a few kisses on her head. Erini tangled their legs together, enjoying the feeling of his cotton jogging bottoms against her freshly shaven legs.

"Goodnight, Calum," she yawned, pulling the covers up to her chin.

"Goodnight," Calum's chest vibrated slightly as he spoke, the soft movements adding to Erini's hazy head.

"I love you," she murmured.

"I love you too."