Invited

Hope yall like! Enjoy(:

.Invited 

Come Away to the Water by Marron 5

I sat on the ocean's shore, watching the suns light reflect off the water, while it started to rise. Nothing could look as beautiful as this, I thought. I could feel the oceans breeze whipping my hair around my face, as my toes curled within the sand. Sitting here made me feel like anything was possible. Most of all, I could feel my mother here. I feel her soul as the waves splash onto the shore, spraying me with its mist. I could smell her perfume, with every gust.

She would bring me here everyday before she got sick. She would pull me into the water and never let go of my hand. A smile never leaving her face. I'm pretty sure here dreams of the ocean passed on to me. She would tell me stories when I was little about the ocean. How men sailed across the the ocean bringing supplies to the ports. She would talk about the creatures that lived within it.

One day, I asked her if there were women on board the ships because all she talked about were men.

No Emma, if there was a women on the ship, it meant that the ship was cursed. But there is a tale I once heard many years ago. There was a young lady, about your age or so, snuck onto a pirate ship. No one knew her name because she disguised herself as a man. She learned the ways of a pirate. She became a pirate.

It had worked for a couple of years, no one noticed that she was a female. Until one night, the captain asked her to have dinner with him. The tale states that the captain was a very good looking man. He wasn't your typical dirty pirate. He kept himself washed and clean everyday.

 Any who, he had asked her to have dinner with him to discuss the opening of his second mate. During dinner, he asked her questions about her old life. Where she came from, who were her parents, what did she do before she became a pirate. She answered them as best has she could. Stuttering every once and while. But it didn't fool the captain. He already figured it out a long time ago. So he rushed to her chair and he kissed her. She was already in love with the captain so she didn't fight him.

Their relationship grew from there, every chance they got, they spent it together. But one day, a crew member walked in on her changing and saw her breast. He dragged her to the captain, explaining what he saw. The captain didn't know what to do. Save the women he loved or stay with his crew and ship.

He chose his ship. Never once looking her in the eye. The captain decided not to kill her, but throw her over board near an island. Three months later, she found out she was pregnant with child.

Most people say that she never made it past her pregnancy. But I think she and her child somewhere, waiting for their captain.

After she finished telling her story, I became intrigued with pirates. Always pretending to be one and dreaming that one day I would be able to meet a pirate.

Mother would always tell me to never trust a pirate, that they were bad people. They harmed women and stole from the rich. But I never wanted to believe her. I wanted to be a pirate.

My mother soon got sick after that and not having a father to support us, she soon passed away. Now left with nothing but a little house, I have to live off my dreams.

The sun was high in the sky by the time I looked up from my thoughts. I didn't even notice a figure standing right next to me. I looked up and instantly noticed him. His build was slim but strong and extremely tall. His brown hair swirling in the wind as his blue eyes watching me.

"Hey Charlie," I said looking back down.

"Mind if I sit?" He didn't wait for me to answer as he sat down next to me.

Charlie has been my best friend since I was  little girl. Both of us causing trouble on the island. Well until he turned sixteen. His father, Frank Tassin, didn't want him hanging around me much anymore because it was making the Tassin family look bad. Their oldest son hanging out with a low life like me.

"Oh, happy birthday by the way," I told him.

"Thanks Emma. It means a lot. You coming to party tonight?"

"Of course. I have to work it," I laughed at him.

I was like a maid for the Tassin's family. Since my mother passed away, I needed a job, so I asked Charlie if he could let me work for his parents so I could make money. At first, he wouldn't let me. He would bring me left overs from their dinner and bring me some of his youngest sisters cloths that she didn't want anymore. I didn't want to take those things from him, but what was I suppose to do? Starve? Wear the same cloths dirty cloths everyday? I rather not. But everyday I saw him, I would keep asking him and one day he had enough of it and got me a job at their house.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot," he said pausing for a moment. His eyes locked on the ocean. "It's just, I want you to be there, as a guest. Not a worker." I looked up at him, wanting him to look at me. I knew it was a bad idea. I was never invited to any of their parties. I didn't even have a dress to wear. He had to know that this was a bad idea.

I placed my hand on his arm, still looking up at him. "I'm flattered that you invited me  Charlie but it won't work. I don't have anything suitable to wear, and your dad will kick me out as soon as he see's me. You know that." Finally, his head turns to face me, our eyes locking.

"I already talked to my dad. He said it was okay, only if you had a dress to wear."

"See it's not okay because he knows I don't have a dress. That's why he said it was okay."

"And that's why I'm one step ahead of him, Emma. Inside your house, there's a little gift waiting for you," he said, a big smile reaching his face. My mouth opened then closed. I was lost for words. After an awkward amount of silence I finally said, "Your not serious are you? You bought me a dress? Your dad is going to freak Charlie. Your insane, you know that." I punched his arm, smiling at him. I can't believe I'm going to attend a Tassin party. From my roof, you could always see the lights and hear the music from the estate. It was almost as beautiful as watching the ocean at night. But a thought came to my head, washing away my smile.

"I don't have a date. I don't want to the only girl without a date, Charlie."

"And that's where I'm a step ahead of you now," he said standing up and pulling me with him. He then dropped to one knee, and asked, "Will you be my date Emmaline Walton?"

"Of course Charlie Tassin. Only if your not embarrassed of me."

"How could I be embarrassed of a beautiful girl like you?" I blushed, turning my head away. No one has ever called me beautiful expect my mother, so it was a surprise to hear it come from Charlie Tassin. That man could get any girl on the island, and he asked me to be his date. To his own party.

I felt his fingers on my chin, turning my head so I would see him.

"I have never felt embarrassed when I'm with you, Emma. Your probably the only person on this island that can keep me sane. No matter what my father say's I'll be by your side."

"Thanks, Charlie."

Tears were about to fall from my eyes when he grabbed my hand and started to led me towards my house.

"Lets go see that little surprise I left," he said, making my smile shine as bright as the sun.