The Plan

The Plan

Demons by Imagine Dragons

Dmitri P.O.V

The Phantom Mist was rocking with the waves as it hid within a cave. The moons light gave my brother and I just enough light to study the layout of the Tassin's estate.

"Here," I said, pointing to the far end of the estate, "is where the ballroom is and also where the party is being held."

"And how do you propose we get inside, Dmitri," James asked, looking up at me, sounding doubtful about the situation.

I look back him, a smirk forming on my face. I reach inside my pocket and pull out two pieces of paper.

"It looks to be like we've been invited," I said, tossing my brother his invitation.

"Bloody hell, how did you come across these," James asked, looking at the piece of paper now in his hand.

"Not important," I told him, remembering the silly girl I stole from.

Just a flash of my wicked smile and she was at my beck and call. The first night after James and I staked out the Tassin estate, I went to one of the bars on the island. Different people drop in on the island because it is a port for sailors to restock on supplies, so no one was cautious of me. I was trying to find out as much information about the Tassin family as I could. Asking drunken people, within the bar plenty of questions. I found out the estate layout. That Frank Tassin had a son turning twenty in a couple of days and a wife just a few years older then his son. That's where I found out about the party and that you need an invitation to be welcome inside.

After I was told about the party, I spotted and pretty blond staring at me from across the room. A light bulb flashing inside my head.

I winked at her and motioned for her to where I sat. Seconds later she was seated next to me. Hours later her drunken hands touching places a lady shouldn't touch in public. I remember telling her that she should take me back to her place and that she agreed, but as soon as we got there, she passed out. Leaving me in my horny state. But that wasn't the plan. Finding invitations to that party was and lucky me, I found two.

"So what are we going to do once we get inside," my little brother asked, washing those memories away.

"We enjoy the party. As soon as the party ends is when we attack. The crew will attack the island, sending the guards to fight them off while we tear the house down looking for the jewel." I roll up the layout and place it in my coat pocket.

"Tell me again why we are only stealing this one jewel? We are pirates Dmitri, we should be stealing everything." I looked at my brother, wishing that he knew how important this jewel is.

"We find the jewel first, then you can take what ever your pirate heart desires. Now go get the crew ready and you go clean up. We have a party to crash."

As James and I walked into the ballroom of the Tassin estate, I could feel every women eyes drift to us. I had to admit, we both cleaned up very nicely. Both of us dressed in a tux, cleanly shaven, and right out a bath. James' short blond hair was pulled back while my black hair was falling down my face, stopping at my chin. Our same green eyes seducing every women that dare look at us.

I look towards my brother and see him smiling, both of us thinking the same thing. We preceded down the stairs, leading to the dance floor, searching for a table to sit at. My eyes landed on a table full of women eying us. I lightly elbowed my brother, and motioned my head towards the table. James' eyes grew wide and then smiled.

Each girl was probably seventeen or older, not much older than James and I. All wearing to short of dresses, but it didn't bother me.

They all stared to whisper to each other as James and I approached their table.

"May we ladies," I asked, putting my hand on a chair, flashing my deadly smile. They all laughed like little girls when one of them said "Of course."

I sat down next to a short brown hared girl. She was wearing a short, tight, sleveless black dress. Leaving little to my imagination. I saw James walk around me and then sat down next to a slim, blond headed girl.

James was picky when it came down to women. He only liked small, petit women with blond hair. Me, I liked any pretty women, but my favorite was the fiesty ones.

None of the girls around the table had that look about them. They didn't have fire burning in there eyes.

"Hey." I turned towards the girl that I sat next to. Her eyes traveling down my body.

"You must be new to the island. I've never seen your face before. I'm Missy."

I took her hand and placed it to my lips. "Dmitri," I said, looking into her eyes.

"My brother and I are just passing by. We have a cousin here on the island. For coming to see him, he gave us invitations to this wonderful party."

"Who is your cousin?" Before I had time to think, a man's voice rang within the room.

"Ladies and gentleman, may I please present to you the man of the party, my son, Charlie and his date Emmaline Walton."

The sound in the room died down, turning into hush whispers. Everybody's eyes were now on the couple that have just arrived, there mouths slightly open, looking stunned. Even James looked this way.

"What is she doing here," I heard Missy say to herself.

Slowly, I turned my head towards the stairs, only to see the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Her shiny, black hair spilling pass her shoulders and down her back. Her body fitting perfectly into that blue dress, as she walked down the stairs with her date. She was absolutely stunning.

As she walked to her table, the loud noise filled the room again. I looked towards James and he was still staring at the girl.

"Who is she," I asked the girls that sat at the table.

"That's Emma. She's a lowlife and she doesn't belong. Especially with Charlie Tassin," one of the girls said.

A lowlife? She looks likes royalty, I thought

"Her mom was crazy. She would always tell crazy stories about the sea. Emma believed everything of course. She sits on her roof like a crazy person, every night. I don't understand why Charlie would bring her."

"He probably felt bad for her," one of them said.

That's the girl my brother has a soft spot for? The one that kept getting him distracted while we watched the estate?

Poor boy, a women like that would never give people like us a second glance. I took one more glance at her and noticed something shinning right above the middle of her breast. That jewel would bring a man to his death.

That jewel is the only thing I need.