CHAPTER 4

Copyright © 2011 - Thetis27

I’ve been bad, I’ve been very, very bad. I totally forgot to upload this chapter sooner! Yikes!

Sorry for the long wait.

Happy Reading!

=====================================================================

4

~Alex~

“You guys be good to Uncle Matt and Auntie Cate while we’re gone, okay?” Amy said to the twins as she crouched down facing them.

The look on the doppelgangers are priceless! JJ looks like he’s about to cry and Avery has put on her angel face but I know better than to trust that face. After all, she is half mine. This is the first time that we are leaving them behind on a trip. Amy and I are going on a trip to Bali, Indonesia for our wedding anniversary. It would be weird to be kid-free for a week.

She and I need some alone time as we barely get it due to work or everything else in between. It’s not like our marriage is on the rocks or anything but I would love some alone time with my wife once in a while. A full week should be enough for us to have some tranquility in my hectic life and I am going to take full advantage of it.

“Mommy why can’t we go with you and daddy? I promise I will be good and I will keep an eye on Avie too.” JJ whined

He clutched on my wife - his mom’s - neck for dear life. I stifled a chuckle as I witnessed our daughter roll her eyes at her brother’s quip. What four year old rolls their eyes out of sarcasm?

“It’s just going to be a week, seven days, if you guys can manage to behave, daddy and I will bring you guys gifts from Bali and maybe we’ll go on another trip on your birthday will that work?” Amy said exasperatedly.

I crouched down in front of Avery who was trying to inch her way from our family bubble probably bored out of her mind and wanting to play with her cousin Carla.  I sternly looked her directly in the eyes. Those hazel eyes that she inherited from her mother show a hint of mischief every time something catches her eyes. That is something that Amy & I discussed at one point that Avery might have gotten from deep within her mother’s dark side if Amy wasn’t as sheltered when she was growing up.

“Avery, can I count on you to behave while mommy and I are gone for the next few days?” I asked slowly.

For a four year old, she is one smart cookie and I am proud of her for being who she is, I just hope that she can focus her energy on something more productive than just causing trouble all the time.  She wrapped her arms around my neck and whispered in my ear

“I will be good daddy. I promise I‘ll try.” she said in her small girly voice.

I pulled out of the hug slightly to gauge her facial expression which really for a 4 year old is serious with a hint of a pout which is totally cute. Yes, I love my daughter to bits that Amy always teases me about being a softy when it came to Avery; in turn making her daddy’s little girl.

“Alright, if I don’t get a call from Aunt Cate & Uncle Matt about you being bad, I will get you a present, deal?” I asked with a serious face.

The serious face is a bit hard to hold on to as her face fell a little upon hearing the word ‘bad’. I actually think that was one of the first words she learned to say when she and JJ started talking.

Of course, I am buying the twins souvenirs from our trip but why not use it as a leverage to get them to behave? She nodded her head in response which caused me to beam a smile at her