CHAPTER 3

I don't like how this chapter turned out. Maybe I will rewrite it at a later date. It does get to the plot of things though so, maybe I will not even change it.

Anyway, thanks for reading and supporting the story.

Check out the picture of Brendan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN

=============================================

3

~Amy~

*5 years later*

On my way to pick up the twins from Preschool, I got a call from the Director Mrs. Pratt asking me to stop by the office when I come to pick up the kids. That doesn’t always sound comforting. I am becoming too familiar with the Director’s office as Avery has been in trouble twice now since she and JJ started going to this Preschool.

This is their third one now, Avery or Andy – she tries different nicknames every now and then - for some reason she is a very outspoken girl for a 4 year old you would think she’d be shy but no; all the shyness between the twins went to her brother. She says whatever comes to her mind. She reminds me of a younger version of me; only she’s somewhat violent.

She also chose martial arts as her extra activity outside of preschool. Alex said that it will be a good thing for her to learn how to defend herself at a young age. But don’t girls her age like to join ballet or some kind of dance lessons? One thing she inherited from Alex is her love of cooking. She said that one day she wants to be just like her daddy.  At home, she’s always curious when Alex tries to experiment with ingredients for our restaurant.

JJ on the other hand, wanted to take up music in general. He loves music and art. His choice of instrument is the saxophone next to that is a guitar and so on and so forth. He is trying to learn a lot of instruments all at once. Now, with him, he loves to draw and paint. As parents, we support both of our kids to reach their dreams. No matter what they are.

Twenty-five minutes later, I was parking my BMW SUV at the school’s parking lot. I can see kids of all ages playing in the playground but none of them were my kids. Oh-uh, that’s not a good sign, I thought. I hurriedly made my way in the school and straight to the director’s office.

“Hi Mrs. Marks! How are you today?” Cara the nice receptionist greeted with a smile.

I returned her smile as I approach her desk. Cara is a nice young girl who is still in school taking her courses on the internet as her family needs the money and so she works fulltime at the school. She also happens to sometimes baby-sit the twins and even Carla for extra money.

“Hi Cara, how’s it going? And please call me Amy” I said to her.

“Everything’s great Mrs.-- Amy; what brings you here? Oh, wait, I think I saw the twins go to the Mrs. Pratt’s office earlier. I’ll see if she can see you now. Please take a seat” Cara said as she picked up her phone to call in to the director.

I retreated and sat down to one of the leather chairs while I wait to be called in. Now I’m worried; I’m used to Avery getting in trouble but why is JJ also in the office? He’s always quiet and stays out of everyone’s way; he minds his own business. He’s a good kid. Alex always teases me that JJ is my favorite over Andy and my answer is that they are both my favorite I just wish that they would switch attitudes though; this amuses my husband to no end.

“Amy, the Director is ready to see you” Cara said snapping me out of my worries.

I looked at her with a grateful smile, stood up and made my way to the office. I knocked on the door and heard a muffled reply for me to come in. When I went in the room my eyes immediately found the twins sitting next to each other on a small couch off to the right side of the room.