CHAPTER 2

Hello???

Are you still reading? Good. Well, hang in there!

What did you think so far?

Let me know okay? Thanks

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN

HAPPY READING!

========================================================================

2

~Alex~

A few hours later, I felt someone brush off a fridge of hair out of my eyes. Realization hit me that I was in the hospital with Amy and I probably dozed off from fatigue and the recent blood loss. When I opened my eyes a pair of hazel eyes met my grey ones.

“Hey, how are you?” I croaked then, I cleared my throat. Amy shot me a big smile and I knew that everything will be okay.

“I’m sore but I can manage.” she said.

I sat up and pressed my lips against hers. When I pulled away I still had my eyes closed and our foreheads touching. I think that everything will be alright now that she is safe. I am guessing the twins are safe as well; if it was bad news, I would have heard something by now, right?

“Don’t scare me like that again.” I told her; I felt her nod her head.

“Hello! Is this a bad time?” someone said by the door.

When I looked over I saw a nurse with a clear bassinette in front of her. I shook my head and move away from Amy motioned the nurse to come in the room.  She stopped on the left side of Amy’s bed with I assume is the baby. When I looked over the bedding I found that it was the twins; both of them. The boy has raven black curly hair. I placed a finger to touch the side of the babies face. The nurse picked up the baby and handed him to me.

My baby boy in my arms feels so worth saving him and the immediate connection is there coursing through his bloodstream. He is a beautiful baby and I felt remorse for even sentencing this innocent being without knowing him. The nurse picked up Avery and handed her to Amy. I watched the whole interaction in awe. I know she will be a great mother to both of our children. I was still standing close to her and moved my eyes back to the bundle in my arms. He stirred awake and opened his eyes.

“Jonathan Jason, that is your name, I am your dad Alex. I am sorry if you were in pain earlier. “ I said in a whisper. I moved over and got on the bed, placed an arm around Amy’s shoulders with the baby still in my other arm.

“This is your mom, Amy and your sister Avery Alexandra.” I said still in a low voice.

“He’s beautiful like his dad.” Amy said as she looked over the boy in my arm. I shook my head and pulled her close to me for a quick kiss.

“You’re beautiful. I love you” I said locking gazes with her.

“I love you, too. Can you believe it, we’re parents. We’re a family” she said with a proud smile on her face.

I averted my eyes from her gaze as she said this. I visibly swallowed thinking back that I could have lost all of them in the last few hours and yet they pulled through for me. When I felt Amy’s gaze boring on the side of my face I looked at her and said

“Yeah, we are a family; officially, parents. A Christmas miracle.” I said with a weak smile.

For fifteen minutes, we just switched babies back and forth between us. Then, her grandparents and cousin showed up with change of clothing for all of us. We all chatted for a bit until the nurse told us to leave Amy and the babies as they all needed rest. I asked if I could stay until they discharge them which is for another couple days. The staff was kind enough that they agreed as long as I leave in the meantime so that Amy can rest. I can come back when she’s asleep. I agreed after I promised Amy that I will come back with dinner and of course kissed her.