Prologue

*NOTE* This story is just a quick read for all those romantic lovers who want to read a simple story with light drama. With that being said, please enjoy! :) 

I was... happy. I really was, I just don't remember the last time I laughed just like my heart desired. No, I wasn't depressed, but I wasn't satisfied with my life either.

I'm a Popstar.

I should be happy.

I should be laughing with joy. 

But it feels as if that joy is buried somewhere deep inside me.

I remember how I felt when I signed my signature on the piece of blank white paper. Wide eyes, shining with happiness, looked back at me. Their face was scrunched up in happiness.

That made me happy.

Singing for fans make me happy.

But what doesn't make me happy is being told to do things I don't want to do.

You know that feeling you get when your body just decides to not listen to you anymore? That weird feeling where it feels like there are small butterflies in your stomach, roaming around and flying up your spine? That weird feeling where you feel like you're about to burst?

Yeah, I've never experienced it. 

Well, not up till now. 

Everything was going perfect for me. I was happy, or so I thought. My journey of this fame began when I was fourteen. Well, almost fourteen.

Before that, I was just a normal Scottish girl, who loved to play soft ball. 

It was just another day when I was going through the park with my friends, when I saw a flier which had the bold letters, 'X-factor auditions' written on it. My friends and my aunt encouraged me to audition. Rest is history from there. Let's just say, I came home with three, fat, big yeses! You can guess what happened next.

"Mikaeel, you're on in thirty seconds!" I snapped out of my thoughts and instead focused on my aunt's voice.

My aunt.

I was only five when my parents left me. Like, left left me. They were coming back from a gathering when an accident occurred. Apparently, there was a group of drunk teenagers driving, with music blasting from their speakers. They thought it was funny to get high on weed. 

I didn't.

Because of them, my parents died. A stupid car crash. I was five then, and I had no idea what to do. It was when I came of age, I vowed never to drink or smoke. 

Since they died, I've been living with my aunt who's my legal guardian, and also my mother's sister.

"You alright, dear?" My aunt's soothing voice filled my ears and I just smiled. 

"Perfect." I replied. It was obvious that I have never been a good liar, and my aunt knew that. She took a step towards me, searching my face for any lies. I put on my blank mask and smiled again. "I'm fine, seriously. Just a little nervous about this concert." I stepped on my tiptoes and gave my aunt a quick hug. She still looked a little reluctant, but nodded her head, and motioned me to go on.

I obliged and grabbed my mike. My heart was still beating fast from what was going to happen in a few minutes.

I wanted to live again.

I wanted to be me, again.

And to do that-

I knew what to do.

I quietly gulped, and instead plastered a fake smile on my face. Everything's going to be just okay. I could hear my mother's voice in the back of my head.

"If only." I murmured. Today was going to be my last concert ever.

It was really hard to make this decision. I literally had to stay up nights in a row, my decision changing like a ping pong ball being played by a group of people.

Finally, I came to a decision, a decision which only I knew. Well, not until a few minutes. 

Today will be the last concert in which I will ever sing.

No more eyes focused on me.

No more hate.

No more love.

But most of all-

No more people looking upto me.

And that hurt, but pretending to be someone who I'm not-

hurt worse.

I patted my heart.

"Here it goes."