The Truth Hurts (continued)

"Wasn't Paige that annoying one that tried to hit on me when I met you guys on spring break?" Axel asked me.

"She tried to hit on you?" I asked. He nodded. "That bitch. Why is she ruining my life? And how is she in my body? That would have to mean she left her own body to get to mine..Axel, We have a problem." I said.

"Another one?" He whined.

"Well I'm sorry that I'm taking away from your oh-so-eventful life. Please help me!" I said.

"Jerk." He mumbled under his breath. "Okay, Boss. Where do we start?" He asked.

"I was hoping you'd know. Well I guess going directly to the source wouldn't hurt." I shrugged. He nodded and followed me to my hospital bed. I hesitated before speaking. "Paige." I said. "Paige, get out of my body." No reply. "Why are you doing this?" I tried again.

"Isn't it obvious." A voice said. It sounded like it came from..above. Axel and I both looked up. There wasn't anyone there of course."An eye for an eye." The voice said.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"You ruined my life, it's only fair that I ruin yours." She said.

"Ruined your life? What are you talking about?" I said. "How are you even in my body?" I said.

"Oh Willow, Willow, Willow. Poor naive little Willow. At first it was an accident but now I'm just trying to piss you off." She said.

"Paige. Where is your body?" I said.

"Who knows. I went "missing" sometime last week. And here I am." She said and laughed. I cringed and Axel gave me a concerned look. I shook it off.

"Why are you doing this?" I said.

"I was sick of it always being about you. And when you got in the accident and went into your coma I had to do something about it. I staged my disappearance to come here and torture you. Clever, huh? Now all that's left is to make everyone hate you, find my body, and become the one and only once again." She said and I could almost hear her smile deviously.

"Your plan makes no sense, Paige. I was never the one and only." I said.

"Oh come on, Willow. All the guys wanted you and you just made it a chase for them when you showed no interest. I slept with all of them and they still wanted you..." She went on but I didn't hear the rest. My head was spinning. Apparently I wasn't as invisible as I'd always thought I was. If wanderers could feint, I probably would have.I said it was all too much before, but now I wasn't kidding. If I was still in my body, I'd probably be on suicide watch.

Axel walked me back to Sophie's room. I needed my daily dose of normality. Okay, normality according to me. He hugged me before I entered Sophie's body. "Be safe." Were the words whispered softly into my ear.

"Jeez, Soph. Give me a heart attack why don't 'cha?" Seb said. I gave him a puzzled look. "I've been trying to wake you up for like forty-five minutes. You really do sleep like the dead." I went to say something, but I couldn't breath. I managed to choke in a bit of air right before my monitor went haywire. Nurses seemed to come in out of my room by the thousands. My vision blurred and before I knew it I was on the outside of Sophie's body. Seb was frantic trying to figure out from someone what the heck was going on. Doctors and nurses switched places like it was some sort of dance routine. They were sticking needles in me for IV's and giving me shots to help relax my body. Well, Sophie's body that is. Someone slipped a mask over her mouth and her body started breathing regularly again. My hand was clasped over my mouth. What was I doing to her body? It had to be me. The doctor mentioned something about her body trying to get of something inside her and having a difficult time with it. There was a drip set up, pumping antibiotics into her body. Seb was off in a corner arguing with a doctor.

"Just. Save my sister." He said and left the room. I followed him out to where Sophie's parents came rushing in. He explained what had happened and the ran into her room.

"What did you do to my daughter?!" Sophie's mom was yelling. "She was fine when we left a few hours ago!" The tears were running down her cheeks. Sophie's body was limp and pale. She definitely wasn't fine now.

"Ma'am, we're doing what we can. She has some sort of virus and her body is very weak. It's dangerous to allow her to fight it on her own, so we have given her some medication to strengthen her immune system. It's all we can do for now." He said.

"Why isn't she awake?" Sophie's mom said. Tears were still in her eyes as she tried to get ahold of her self.

"Again, her body is very weak. We gave her a relaxer so that she can sleep through the process."

"Process? What process?" Seb piped up.

"The antibiotic process. We have to let them do their job. It will be much quicker and painless if she's relaxed and asleep." The doctor's tone had grown impatient.

"What if it doesn't work?" Seb asked. The doctor breathed in deeply.

"Let's hope it works." He replied and left the room.

"Hopefully it works." A voice said from behind me. I jumped.

"Yeah. Hopefully." I said to the doctor who helped me before.

"Whatever's attacking her body is much stronger than she is right now. She won't last if it continues." She said and I nodded. She patted me lightly on the arm before leaving me alone with my thoughts.

"I'm killing her." I said to myself. "I thought I was saving her. I'm killing her." I had to do something. I couldn't just leave without saying goodbye. But I couldn't stay. We all know what I really had to do. And being Willow, I decided to complicate my life beyond belief. "I have to find Sophie." I said.