The Difference

The mess I'd gotten myself into was not, under any circumstances, going to end well. I figured I try anyway. Sophie, the real Sophie, could be anywhere in this hospital. Anywhere in the world really if she discovered the walking through walls and "teleporting" type things. I'd hoped for the first. My life deserved a realitly show. I was still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come running out telling me I'd been "punked". But punked was dead and so was I practically.

No matter how much I was going to miss Seb, Sophie had to be returned to her own body. I couldn't be selfish any longer. Getting away from that life would give me time to focus on my own and figure out how to get my body back. The longing for Seb, though, that was going to be hard to ignore.

"Hey, Willow. What kind of crime are fighting today? The good or the bad? I just never know with you. Personally I'd like to fight the good for a change. See how it feels to be on the other side. But either way I get to fight so-"

"Axel!" I said. He looked up at me with wide eyes.

"There's only so much a "wanderer" can talk, Willow. Let me speak!" He said.

"I'm sorry. We don't really have time for your good cop bad cop routine or whatever it is you want to call it."

"I see what you did there." He said with a grin. I shot him a look. "Sheesh will you calm down? I'm bored out of my mind in this joint...actually I wish I had a joint right now. That'd be nice." He said. I shot him the look again. "Sorry. What impossibleness shall we get ourselves into today, boss?" He said.

"We have to find Sophie." I said already looking around as if somehow I would just look to my left and there she'd be. If only my life were that easy.

"Sophie." He said. I didn't answer. "Sophie who, Willow? I need more than that." He said.

"Sophie. Seb's sister Sophie." He looked at me blankly. " The body I've been in, Axel!" I said.

"Well I'm sorry I can't keep up with someone who travels into other's bodies, Willow." He snapped.

"You know, you really make me hate my own name sometimes." I said.

"I don't think it's the name you hate." He mumbled. I let it go. Of course I hated myself for stealing Sophie's body and doing this to her, but I didn't do it on purpose. Did I? Why couldn't I remember anything about that night? I shook it off. Pondering would have to be saved for a later time.

"I don't even know where to start." I said. He shrugged. How is it that a dead person, who kissed so amazingly, could be so annoying? I rolled my eyes. "Sophie? Sophie Anderson? If you can hear me right now, I really need to talk to you." I called. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Axel snicker. "Do you have a better idea?" I asked him.

"Do you PMS much?" He asked.

"Jerk." I retored back.

"You know what, Willow. Find someone else to help you. I'm don't have to put up with this. When you're ready to be normal again, come find me." And with that, he vanished. It was all I could do n ot to let my jaw hang open like an idiot. I had work to do. I'd deal with Axel later. Man, I was sounding like a bitch lately. 

"Okay. If I was a wanderer where would I hide?" I said aloud to myself. "This is rediculous. I am a wanderer. I'm not really hiding though.. I don't have a reason to hide. Do I? Does Sophie? Do I even have a chance here? No probably not. I'm standing in hospital surrounded by hundreds of people, talking to myself and no one can hear me. I'm going to die alone. I-"

"I can hear you." A voice said. Well sqeaked really. I whipped around to face the girl. "You called my name? I'm Sophie." She said. My eyes went wide.