Epilogue

There are brand new cars and brand new houses. There are brand new movies and books. But, very rarely are there brand new lives that don't start from a newborn. Not many get a second chance. And very few go through what I did to get that second chance. I was alive. I was a miracle. And I was proof. My dad knew about me this whole time and he never said anything. Parents always think they are doing things to protect their children and many times they are. If he'd only have talked to me about this, things may have been different. Things may have been worse. I don't know what would have happened and I don't know if I wish it was different. I only know that I'm here now and I literally have the best of both worlds.

"Dad, what was grandma's name?" I asked my dad as we went through old family pictures.

"Edith, why?"

"Edith what?" I grinned.

"I do believe her maiden name was Caralson." He replied picking up another picture. Edith was my grandma. I shook my head at the old woman. Axel sat next me looking at the pictures. I could feel his presence. We were in our new house now and I'd be headed off to my new private school in a couple of hours. My best friend was 2000 miles away, but I'd never felt closer to her. She stayed with me through everything, and was now the only one who knew everything.

My dad kissed my forehead before dropping me off at West Lake High School.

I stood at my locker admiring a cute guy from afar. I decided to take chances in my new life. Should I casually bump into him? No, too obvious. Drop something next to him in hopes that he'll stop me? No, too risky.

I turned then and ran right into him dropping everything to the floor.

"I am soo sorr-" I stopped as the most beautiful grey eyes I'd ever seen stared deeply into mine. "Sorry." I said. He bent down to help me pick up my books, never dropping my gaze.

"Do I know you?" He asked. I shook my head quickly. "I'm Sebastian Anderson." He said extending a hand to me.

"I'm Willow. Willow Morrison." I replied with a smile.