Chapter Three:

Officially nine years captive

Dear Diary,

"Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Kathryn, happy birthday to me!"

I think my birthday song is better than the one my captures came up for me...

"Happy hell day to you, happy hell day to you. Happy hell day filthy mutt, happy hell day to you."

Yeah, I definitely my version better.
They say that today's the day. The day for what though I do not know. The day I finally get to die? The day that I am set free? One can only dream, then again I stopped dreaming long ago.
Out of all the years I've been trapped here the thing that I've missed the most is a friend. Someone I can talk to, someone to be there when I need them to. It's been years since I have received a hug, given a smile or laughed. Now I'm just a shy, terrified girl who's scared of the outside world.
My diary has been my words, my thoughts and thoughts. I learned early in my capture that my thoughts and voice is not wanted. Not keeping my mouth shut resolved in a slap to the face, and for an eight year old that was terrible.
I think they only let me keep a diary so they might get to know the pain that they cause me. The horrors that my young mind has had to endure.
It's almost time, the clock on the guards wrist reads 11:52. Eight minutes until I know my fate. Eight minutes until I discover what I'm made if. Eight minutes to see if I live another day.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello! So I know the past couple of chapters have been short, I've just been trying to give you all an introduction.
So I promise that the next chapter will not be a diary entry, but I probably won't be able to update until tomorrow night at the latest.

Fan.
Vote.
Comment.
Feedback!!!

~LostGirl36