Chapter 6

"So they're alright then." Echizen was content with knowing that but still wanted info on if it was an actual attempt on his life or just careless driving.

"Doesn't look like he was injured too badly." Momo said as he sat back on the couch. "The police are going to interrogate him to try and see what really happened."

"And until then we'll stay with you." Kikumaru latched onto him, minding his injuries. "Even when that mystery person comes to stay with you."

"Honestly, how could your family leave without saying whom was going to stay?" Kaidou pointed out.

"Considering they didn't seem at all nervous about me staying allegedly by myself until they arrived, it'll have to be someone we trust tremendously or at least know they won't let anything happen to me." Echizen put his arms behind his head. "Even if something did happen they would trust them to get me back unharmed."

"So today with the car accident doesn't count?" Momo asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I can't control that. All Kaa-san said was that they'd be here within the week and that could be tomorrow for all I know."

"And you're just okay with this?" Momo questioned. "How will you know him? Is he going to arrive here or somewhere else? What if he-" Just then the doorbell rang. The four of them looked over towards the hall leading to the front door. "No way. There is no possible way that could happen."

"Then who is it?" Kaidou asked. "Maybe your security is back already."

"What if it's the mean people come to take Ochibi away?" Kikumaru said with a bit of a raised tone.

"I highly doubt they would ring the doorbell." Echizen said. "If anything they would enter through a window upstairs or the back door."

"I'm not too sure." Momo said. "I mean with the things we've seen-" He gestured to himself and Kaidou. "-if you're as important as you say you are, then they'll stop at nothing to get to you and in turn get to your father. Sometimes the most direct is the least expected."

"So you're saying that if there is someone out there wanting to take him away, he would be able to do it singlehandedly while we have people around and without causing a scene?" Kaidou supposed.

"I didn't say that at all." Momo huffed. "I'm just saying-" The bell rang again.

Echizen sighed and got up from the couch. "Sitting and bickering won't solve anything." He turned a corner and went towards the door. It took a second then the other three quickly left the couch and jolted to the door with him. Before the three of them could stop him, he opened the door. "Ah, Kawamura-sempai."

"Echizen I was hoping you were home." Kawamura smiled at him. "What happened to them?" He gestured at the three other boys that were on the ground with their legs up and twitching.

"Overreaching about something I'm sure. Come in."

"Thank you." The two of them stepped over the three on the ground. "I brought you some get well sushi. I didn't know if you'd returned from the hospital yet though."

"Mou Taka-san, don't scare us like that." Momo whined as they walked into the room. "We thought you were a kidnapper."

"Would a kidnapper really use the front door?" Kaidou rhetorically asked.

"I told you I would come by though." Kawamura said sheepishly.

"Don't pay attention to them sempai." Echizen said they sat down to eat. "They're overreacting."

"Ochibi!" Kikumaru put his hands on his hips. "You're the son of the famous Samurai Nanjiro! You're a big person in the world of tennis! If anything would happen to you, your father would be crushed and no doubt the tennis world would be lost without you. You need to take your situation more seriously." He looked at Echizen but was only met with the back of his head. "Ochibi!"