Chapter 2

Echizen stood in the front while Ryuuzaki gathered everyone up. He could see the judgmental and jealous stares but there were also ones of admiration. Then there was the stupid smile on Momo's face.

"As you all know, we have a new member joining us today; Echizen Ryoma. Treat him well. Now go get changed." Ryuuzaki's introduction was shorter than Echizen would've liked seeing as now the members would come straight to him for questions. "Echizen this is Tezuka Kunimitsu. He'll be your captain from here on out."

Tezuka reached out his hand. "Do you have your things?" Echizen took his hand and nodded. "You don't have to participate today seeing as it's your first day if you don't want but this is the only time. You're not going to be given any special privileges just because you're Samurai Nanjiro's son. You'll help the first years with clean up and be tested to earn a spot in the regulars, no exceptions. If you're late to a practice be it in the morning or afternoon you'll run and if you're grades are unacceptable, you'll be adjourned until they're acceptable again. Any questions?"

Echizen stood dumbfounded at all the information that was thrown at him. Even if he did have a question he couldn't find his voice in that moment to ask it. Though he could tell Momo told him the truth about not getting special treatment from anyone.

"Maa maa Tezuka, always so strict." Ryuuzaki shook her head. "Momoshiro." Momo came jogging over at his name. "I know you two are already acquainted. Make sure he gets introduced to the others."

"Hai~." Momo slung his arm around Echizen's shoulders and dragged him to the club room where the other regulars were. Momo more or less kicked open the door and shoved Echizen in. "Minna from now on this little punk is our responsibility." He glanced over at Kaidou. "Try to be nice to him."

"Are you implying something?" Kaidou glared at Momo.

"Nothing whatsoever." Momo turned to head outside. "But with a scary face like yours, you can't help but be careful otherwise you're likely to scare everyone off." Momo gave a hardy smile and ran out the door.

"Teme. I'll show you who has a scary face." Kaidou went running after him.

Echizen stood confused in the doorway surprised at the sight that just happened. He was going to go after him but felt an enormous weight on his back.

"Oishi look how small he is!" Echizen turned his head and came face to face with a smile and red hair. "Ochibi!" The red head then put Echizen in a grip that made him feel like he was going to pass out.

"Eiji let go of him." A boy with a bowl cut came up to them and proceeded to pry the red head from him. "We don't need him injured right at the start. Are you alright?" Echizen nodded. "Sorry about that. He tends to get attached to things. I'm Oishi Shuichiro and he's Eiji Kikumaru." Oishi reached out his hand while Kikumaru latched back on to him. "The one that ran after Momo was Kaidou Kaoru. He may seem a on the rough side but he's a good guy. Next is Kawamura Takashi."

Echizen watched as the boy came over to him; tall, well built, and had a weird aura around him. "Nice to meet you Echizen. I hope we get along for the next few years." The way he spoke surprised Echizen. Surely someone of that stature would have something more.

"Taka-san you forgot your racquet." The next boy to come up had sort of a suave air about him. "Fuji Shuusuke. Nice to meet you."

Echizen nodded at him. Momo said that they all knew what it was like to live like he does but he still didn't understand what he meant by it. His thoughts were thrown aside when a rather loud yell emanated from beside him.

"GOOOOO ECHIZEN. WE'RE GOING TO BE GOOD FRIENDS FROM TODAY FORWARD." Echizen sweat dropped. When he thought Kawamura needed more this isn't what he meant.