30: They Call Her Arrested

Shit.

Ugh.

Crap.

"What did I do? What did I do? What did I do?" I repeat over and over, pacing across my bedroom floor. Replaying the intimacy shared between me and Caleb that happened a mere hour ago, my mind is stuck in insanity.

I kissed Caleb.

I kissed Caleb.

I kissed Caleb.

I should text him. Or call him? Maybe drive back over?

What will that do? It'll probably make things worse than they already are.

But his lips...they were divine. Every girl deserves to be kissed like that. A kiss that makes them feel wanted. A kiss that makes them feel complete.

Am I actually thinking about Caleb this way?

My door bursts open. Clarkson and Penelope rush in with rosy cheeks and alert expressions.

"What happened? What's the emergency?" Clarkson hops over to me.

"I kissed Caleb," I cry out.

"You what?" Clarkson screeches.

"Here I am, thinking this was a real emergency..." Penelope plops down on the bed.

"I don't know what planet you're on, but this is a real emergency," Clarkson tells her with hand gestures.

"How?"

"She's still dating his brother!" Clarkson answers for me.

"No she's not!" She looks at him. "You better not be!" She looks at me.

"Hell no. Not even if he begged," I declare. "This is huge, guys. I can't exactly explain how it happened because it just...happened! I'm going crazy here."

"Okay, breathe," Penelope coaxes me. "You kissed a boy, you didn't sacrifice him."

"But she did sacrifice herself," Clarkson scolds me.

"No one saw us! We were alone in his room."

"Christ have mercy," Clarkson puts a hand over his forehead. "Even though this is a disaster, I have to say, the drama in your life absolute perfection. Alone in his bedroom? You couldn't have planned a scene more perfect."

"Not the point here," Penelope shakes her head at him.

"Glad you're entertained," I roll my eyes. "What do you think this means? Does Caleb like me? What if Chris finds out? Does this make me a family whore?"

"Of course not," Clarkson says. "If anything, their parents should be thanking you for blessing their son's lives with your presence."

"I doubt that's how they'll take it," I purse my lips at him.

"Lets take is one question at a time," Penelope strategizes. "What if Caleb like you? Do you like Caleb?"

"...I think I always have," I bite my lip, admitting for the first time what's been in the back of my mind since the day I met him. I've always had this strange sensation near Caleb. Around him, it's like I have some place I belong. Like I have meaning. Like I have a purpose. "But so what? I can't go from dating Chris to dating Caleb. As if the world doesn't hate me enough already," I lay on the carpeted floor sprawled out. "I don't need another reason for gossip."

"When are you going to get it through that thick head of yours that your way past that point of no return? No matter what happens in your life - you change the brand of toothpaste you use, you sign up for a baking class, you go camping in the woods - it's all going to be publicized. But we can use it to your advantage to avoid having you feel as if you're always up against the world," Penelope stares down at me.