School

Last night I find out some real information from my family's attorney.

*****

"What do you mean?" I ask my lawyer over the phone.

"Unfortunately the press has found out about this before you have yourself." My lawyer says.

"How did this happen?" I ask.

"Wait, your father didn't tell you?" My lawyer.

"Obviously he didn't tell me something." I say to my lawyer. "I swear, this is going to make me look like an idiot while going back to school tomorrow."

"Okay." They lawyer says. "I wouldn't like to tell you this over the phone but in this case I have no other choice."

"Spit it out already." I snarl.

"I faced information about your older brother."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Your older brother." My lawyer says. "According to the will, if you find him, he can make the choice if can be your guardian and the heir to the family business."

I hung up with fury in my veins.

Niles walks into my room.

"Madame, I've brought the copy of your father's will as the family attorney had requested." Niles says as he hands me the will.

"Just set in down on the study." I say.

"I believe he has told you the news." Niles recalls.

"Sadly over the phone." I say. "I don't want to talk about it at the moment, I just need some rest."

"Very well." Niles replies. "Goodnight Madame."

"Goodnight Niles." I say.

Niles closes the door to my bedroom and tried to catch some shut eye.

*****

"Wait till somebody talks about my family." I said. "I am not having it."

"Miss, Ladies don't start fights, but on the other hand they finish them." Niles, my butler said.

"Niles, my apologies yet no offense to your country but I am not British." I say. "I may have been taught etiquette however there is a fact that I have been lied to for the duration of my time on this planet."

"Macy, let me-" Niles says.

I cut off my butler. Interrupting a grown up. One big no no to both madam and sir.

"I have a older brother, seven years older than me, about twenty two years old, all grown up, yet hating me because I had our father and he didn't even know him!" I yell.

"Miss, I will explain later but now you must go to school." Niles said.

I grab my black Longchamp bag, put on my sunglasses from Coach and storm out of what is now my kitchen.

"Limo is out front." Niles says.

"Thank you Niles." I say.

Honestly, I got give Niles so much credit the through this time. He's trying to keep composure for me and I'm just being an emotional wreck.

I didn't even bother going to school in my uniform. I just want to go to school to hand in my assignments and get the final assignment before regents.

I knew the press we're going to go crazy so once I stepped out the building the paparazzi we're going crazy with the cameras as the building's doorman became my body guard in an instant and got me to my limo safely.

I was once told by my mother about the doormen. Their job is to be there for you. They'll be there when I need them at most.

Just now was one of those moments and they've succeeded.

Mom was actually right about something. It rarely happens.

My former Nanny, Niles and the doormen were my real family. I see them everyday more than the two people that brought me into this world. I learned about the world through them.  It's hard to live the life I live and I'm so blessed.

I just feel guilty that my brother didn't live it with me.