Chapter 23

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

From: Justin Bieber (at: 10:09am)
We need to talk asap.

My eyebrows furrowed in curiosity as I stared at the five worded text. My stomach flipped in a worried manner as the devil on my shoulder told me he was mad at something I done. Biting my bottom lip and unsuccessfully crossing my legs under the bundle of bed sheets, I typed back a slow reply.

To: Justin Bieber (at: 10:11am)
Sure.. is there something wrong? x

Setting my phone down and grabbing the thin piece of pink elastic, I scrunched my tangled hair into a messy bun as I eased my way from my warm haven. With my large bump restraining me from mostly every normal day things, it took me longer than a normal person springing from bed. Grasping my phone, I headed out into the living room and noticed Bobbie still asleep in the guest room.

From: Justin Bieber (at: 10:15am)
Yes. I'll be over at lunch.

Blowing out a sigh, I quickly typed in Ruby's number as I walked to the refrigerator, grabbing the last cereal bar and quickly unwrapping the delicious goodness.

"Ooft!" Ruby shrieked, answering my call. "sorry, hello?"

"What did you just do?" I giggled, nibbling on the chewy granola bar.

"Tripped over my flat-iron cord." She mumbled, muttering a few cuss words and letting a groan escape her lips.

"Maybe if you tidied up, you wouldn't trip or fall." I smirked with an joking eyeroll. Ruby has always been a messy, unorganized person. She's had more injuries from tripping over something in her bedroom than an accident prone person would in a lifetime.

"Shut up little miss neat and tidy." She growled with humour. "anyway, what did you ring me for?" another string of cuss words flew from her mouth.

"Justin texted me." I blurted.

"Is that all? Jeez Lux, I was expecting you to tell me you were in labour or something serious!" She screeched, "he texts you all the time."

"I know that but I think he's mad at me.." I mumbled, "and I'm not sure why.."

"Well what did he say?"

"He said that we needed to talk and that he's coming round at lunch. But when I asked if there was something wrong he said yes and another thing, he didn't put a kiss on the end like he usually does." I told her, "I don't know what he could be mad at me for, though."

"Okay one, stop overthinking things." She replied as I latched my lower lip between my teeth and crumpled the empty wrapper between my palm. "and two, it mightn't be anything bad. He might need to rant about his bitchy fiancee, it mightn't even be about you so stop tormenting yourself and thinking like that."

I sighed and rose my shoulders, "I guess, I just can't help but think about the possibilities."

"It's normal, you are pregnant remember. You're emotions are everywhere at the moment."

I chewed my inner cheek. "That's not the only thing that's everywhere." I felt my cheeks heat wildly as she gasped.

"Is Luxy horny?" She shrieked. My entire face flamed bright red, my body crawling with uncomfortableness. "oh my God, you are, aren't you!" again, my embarrassment caused my voice to mute. "Luxy is finally letting her inner whore come out!"

"Ruby, shut up!" I hissed. "I can't help it, okay? I'm almost six months pregnant and have no boyfriend to help me with these problems." tugging on the stretchy shorts that hid beneath my oversize shirt which cutely hugged my bump. "can we move on from my untamed sex-drive, please?"