Chapter 3

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

"Bye, Miss Halloway!" Anthony, a cute little five year old boy, grinned as he bounced out of the room with his spiderman painting in hand. I waved at him with a beaming smile, then waved at his mother.

"See you Money, Miss Halloway!" Alisha, another cute little five year old girl, grinned as she pulled her oversized princess backpack onto her back.

"Yes you will sweetheart, and remember to practise your counting!" I grinned, watching her nod before darting towards her aunt who was collecting her.

"Miss Halloway," Julian, an adorable little boy who was slightly less fortunate than the other students, spoke. I crouched down to his level and smiled.

"What is it sweetie?"

"Thank you for giving me the crayons" he said politely. "and for helping me colour in."

I smiled lightly, "You don't need to thank me sweetheart, you just have fun colouring in, okay? Maybe next Friday you can draw me a picture and I can hang it on the doodle wall." I brushed his dirty blonde hair from his eyes.

"Really?" He gasped, his eyes sparkling in delight. I nodded and grinned at his priceless expression. "thanks Miss! You're the bestest!"

"Julian!" Megan, his mother, called as she rushed to the gates. Her breathing slowed once she saw he wasn't alone. "come on baby."

"Bye, Miss Halloway!" he grinned before rushing in the direction of his mother.

Megan looked towards me, smiling and mouthing a quick 'thank you' before wrapping his arm around her sons shoulders and guiding him back in the direction she had previously ran from.

I re-entered my silent classroom, the smell of paint and crayons lingering in the air and made my way to the cluttered desk. As I sat down and tidied the scattered papers into piles, my cell buzzed from inside the closed drawer.

Hayley Bieber calling. . .

I accepted the call and held it too my ear, "Hello?"

"Hi Lux!" Hayley's cheery voice floated through the speaker. "am I calling at a bad time?"

"No, I'm just clearing up my classroom before I leave." I replied, balancing my iphone between my shoulder and ear as my hands grasped the untidy papers. "do you need something?"

"Not really, I was just checking in and seeing how you are," she said softly. It was quite obvious that she was hiding something and I had a small idea of what that was.

"I was actually going to call you when I got home," I told her, "this time two weeks ago, doctors were trying to impregnate me with a baby. I think it's time I took a test to see if it worked.."

A window-shattering squeal rang through my ears, my skull being rattled by the loud noise. Holding the phone at least eight inches away, I giggled as she continued to squeal in delight.

"Oh my god, are you serious!" She squeaked, a mumble interrupted me from talking back. "it's Lux, she's going to take a pregnancy test!" staying silent, she then turned her attention back to me. "sorry, Justin wanted to know why I was squealing like a pig. Oh my god, Lux, this is amazing! When are you going to take one?"

"Well I was thinking about taking it tonight, if you and Justin want to be there then you can." I said,

"Oh Lux, that would be amazing if we could." She sighed happily, "Whatever time you want to take one, then call us and we'll be straight there."

"How about you both come over for dinner tonight? That way you'll be able to see my home, meet Jake and already be there for when I take it." I mumbled, standing up and grabbing my bag.