Prologue

Riley isn't your everyday, average athlete. Carter happens to be the above-average, totally hot rockstar. But perhaps we should hear this story in Riley's point of view?

^~^~^~^~^~^~^

My life isn't that of an everyday, normal athlete. No. It is far from that. I'm Riley Woods, I play lacrosse for my team at High School.

My parents are very different from me; My dad, he's an artist. He's great at drawing and painting, so great people call him the next Picasso. As for my mom..well. She died. But she was this amazing singer!

I also have a little brother, his name is Garret. He...has no talent to say the least. Hopefully one day he will; because arm-pit farting is NOT a talent.

Anyway...There is this guy at school; His name is Carter Washington. He's one of those typical bad boys, you know? Anyway..We dated for a while until things ended badly. We haven't spoken since, but sometimes I wonder if he misses me just as much as I miss him. He's a rockstar, rising to the ranks of fame. As for me? I'm just a girl; Who is lost and doesn't know what she wants to do with her life.

"Riley, can you get the plates please?" I hadn't realized I was lost in my thoughts until the minute my father snapped me out of them. I was almost grateful, but not quite.

"Oh. Yeah, sure. Uhm. What's for dinner?" From the look I received, I was being scolded for thinking. Thinking about Carter. Carter...His soft lips and that warm smi- No! Stop thinking about him Riley! Stop it!

Sluggishly, I gathered the plates; all three of them. Stepping carefully towards the table, I mis-stepped, dropping the plates. Fuck.

I didn't need to look towards my dad to know that he was on the verge of throwing his silent frustrations into words.

I knew him to well.

"Sorry." I croaked quietly, offering an apologetic smile to the floor. The shattered glass lay at me feet, my figure still, almost like a statue you see at museums.

I hated glass..I hated blood. Glass and flesh don't mix well. Because then blood happens. It's bad enough I have the, uh, P word every month. That's enough blood to make me dizzy.

I think I was to involved in my thoughts to notice my father lecturing me on how clumsy I was. All I heard was 'Clumsy' and that was that.

Part of me was thinking of going for a drive, possibly to pick up some food. Of course, Garret would probably wants McDonalds.

"I'll go out a get food." I started, a cautious glance to the side revealing my frustrated mess of a father.

He seemed to scowl, which was normal on days like this. Today he was extra busy, getting ready for a few art shows. He also had a huge client.

"Fine." Was his final reply.

Yes! Freedom! I almost physically leapt into the air...but my father would've probably asked why.

I would probably go straight for Taco Bell. Carter worked there...Maybe I'd run into him by accident, and we'd have a moment. Just like in those cheesy romance movies.

Ahaha. What was I thinking. Eh, I was in the mood for those delicious, fake tacos anyway. Perhaps Mikaela would like to come over, as well.

Oh! I forgot to introduce Mikaela! My bad! Mikaela Hoffman has been my best friend since the start of Middle School. Of course, for some foreign reason we were worst enemies, at the start though. I can't really explain why, but after we were partnered up for a Science project we became best friends. It's been like that since.

Mikaela is also really pretty, to be completely honest. I have no idea why she was so jea- Scratch that! Hehe...She was never, uh, never mind...

I hadn't realized I was stuck in my own thoughts agains until I tripped over a small incline in the sidewalk to the car.

It was then, when I face-planted miserably into the ground, that I realized I was screwed and there was no way I was going to save my face from meeting the concrete.

Face, meet sidewalk. Sidewalk, meet face. Please, please do be friends.

With a groan, I lifted myself off the cold hard ground, silently complaining. Why couldn't I have just stayed curled up in a ball? Now I'm laying on the cold hard ground..OHHHHH

No! Get out of my head Taylor Swift! Shoo!

I noticed some people silently laughing from the side, as I had been subconsciously swatting at the air for the last minute.

Man. People must think I'm really messed up. Perhaps my dramatic face-plant damaged a few brain cells. Well shit. I'll be a percent stupider then before.

Like it matters, though. I am slightly smarter then anyone in my class, except for Gerald. Damn that kid was smart. He'd have to lend me some brain cells someday. Of course he'd probably ask for sex, and in that case I'd rather be stupid.

I silently escaped the embarrassment that lingered outside by scrambling into my car. God, I must've been as red as a tomato.

If Carter had seen that....Oh I don't even want to think about that.

You see, Carter is the type of guy who uses you to an advantage. He'd probably of used that against me to be honest. Which might've been okay in my head.

I...Love him. Wait! No I don't! GOD HELP ME!

It was terrifying. All I saw was black particles as they came to drown me. I was scared..Something I hadn't felt in a while. I didn't realize that I was thrown from my car.

But I felt someone next to me. I realized, The familiar touch.

Carter...Oh my God..Carter...