Chapter 6

**Elisa POV**

So today is the talent show. Why did I agree to this again? Its ok I can so this, just be calm. I mean if Josh Ramsay says I can sing, then maybe I can. I was totally unable to focus in class today. I think we were learning about the history of fashion designing but I can’t be sure.

Once class was dismissed I rushed to where Josh and I were meeting. After he left I made myself a new outfit that fit his colour scheme of blue and black. I made a sparkly blue top that matched his hair and was loose fitting so I had to wear a tank top underneath. I also made some really cute black shorts with these buttons on it.  I could not wait to show him.

I spotted him in the back corner of the cafeteria with a baseball hat on and his hood up. If I did not know it was him I would have been creeped out. He was probably trying to hide from fan mobs. I walked over to him and sat down.

“Hey Josh!” I said smiling. He looked up and smiled back.

“Hi! Are you ready?” He teased.

“As ready as I will ever be. I know this place close to the theatre where we can get ready. And no one will see us there.” He nodded and I took him there. It was like a dressing room that no one ever used so it will be perfect. When we got in I went to the bathroom to put on my clothes. They looked really cute, yes!! I went back to the dressing room and knocked before entering.

“Hey! We match!” He yelled. I looked at his clothes. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a bright blue shirt. The jeans had a few rips and the shirt really complemented his hair and eyes.

“Well we kinda planned it but that’s ok.” I walked to the mirror to start putting on makeup. And Josh did the same. I silently laughed what guys willing put on makeup. I have to admit I am really terrible at putting make up on.

I looked in the mirror and told myself that if Josh can apply eyeliner then I can too. I put the pencil up to my eye and decided to just go for it. I half way across when my hand twitched and suddenly the line went up. Well now I look stupid. I quickly rubbed it off to try again and looked over to Josh. He did not notice, thank goodness. I tried again and I was so close but this time I started making too think of a line at the end and it looked stupid.

“Crap.” I said under my breath. This time Josh heard me and he looked towards me, he seemed to understand what was happening immediately. He quietly laughed.

“Do you need some help?” He teased. I thought about it, and decided that it did need help.

“Yes.”

“Yes.” I sighed. He laughed again and grabbed my eye liner. He stepped closure to me and put his hand on my face like he was about to kiss me. He smoothly put it on both eyes without screwing up.

“How many times have you put eye liner on?” I inquired smiling.

“A lot.” He replied. I easily put the rest of my make up on and we practiced the song a few times before we left to go the theater. I was starting to get really nervous. My hands were shaking as Josh as I entered the auditorium. Josh took notice and grabbed my hand. He whispered in my ear “Don’t be nervous, you will be amazing.”

I took a deep breath as we walked back stage. We told the stage managers that we would need two pianos and two microphones. And they told us that we would be going on in five minutes.

Five minutes?! Oh god, I don’t know if I can do this. I peeked out of the curtains and I saw the band, Adam, and my Dad with a bunch people next to him.  So many people! The MC stepped on stage and started babbling about nothing. I only paid attention when he started introducing the acts.

“First up is going to be a very special treat. We have Elisa Evans and Josh Ramsay of Marianas Trench singing a duet. Here they are!” The MC said. I didn’t know we were going first?! Its going to be ok, just do it, I told myself.

I looked to Josh and he nodded. We walked on stage together and sat down at our pianos. We started playing the new arrangement; it sounded so pretty when we played together.

He started to sing. “Everyone's around, no words are coming out. And I can't find my breath, can we just say the rest with no sound. And I know this isn't enough, I still don't measure up. And I'm not prepared; sorry is never there when you need it.” When he started the chorus instead of looking at the audience her looked straight in my eyes. “And I do want you know I hold you up above everyone.”

Then I joined him. “And I do want you know I think you'd be good to me. And I'd be so good to you. I would.”

I took a deep breath and started my solo. “I thought I saw a sign, somewhere between the lines. Maybe it's me, maybe I only see, what I want. But I still have your letter, just got caught between someone I just invented, and who I really am and who I've become.”

Then we sang together again, it felt like he really meant the words he was singing to me. “And I do want you know I hold you up above everyone. And I do want you know I think you'd be good to me. And I'd be so good to you. Woahh!!!! You bring me higher. Yeah. I would.”

The audience had their hands up and was slowing waving back and forth. Some people even had their phones out; I think I saw one guy with a lighter.

It was the last chorus and I poured my heart and soul into it. “And I do want you know I hold you up above everyone. And I do want you know I think you'd be good to me. And I'd be so good to you. I'd be good to you, I'd be good to you, I'd be so good to you...”

The crowd erupted in applause and half of them were on their feet. I was blushing so much, I cannot believe I just did that. I saw the band whistling and Adam and my Dad looked so proud.

Josh and I stood up and joined hands to bow. He quickly whispered in my ear “I’d be so good to you.”

What did that mean? I just smiled and blushed as we walked off stage. The rest of the talent show was a blur and there were some other good acts but none really stood out.

At the end the MC went on stage to announce a winner. Josh and I where back stage crossing our fingers that we would win. There was no prize or anything but still, we wanted to win.

“And the winner is,” He opened the envelope. “Elisa and Josh!” Everyone cheered as we ran on stage.

We were handed a giant trophy and I don’t think I have ever been as happy as I was in that moment. Josh looked at me and said “You were so amazing!” He kissed me the cheek and then put his arm around me and faced the audience waving.

I was shocked, he kissed my cheek!! All I could was smile. Yup best day ever!!

AN What do you think so far? And it is going to start getting dramatic so get ready :)