Chapter 2

“Sorry” he apologized quickly, although it was completely my fault. His ocean blue eyes were focused straight on me as he moved his hair out of his eyes with a swift head toss.

“No, I’m sorry” I stuttered, I just need to keep calm. If I freak out he won’t talk to me. Chill, breath…holy crap Josh Ramsay!!!!! No, stop, come on Elisa say something. “So when did you graduate?” No, you idiot! He didn’t graduate, ugh why am I so stupid?

“I didn’t graduate from this school. But I still wanted to come see it today. When did you?” He said calmly. Even though I knew the truth I did not say anything for fear of further embarrassment. I don’t think he knows I am a huge fan, yes acting skills.

“I did not graduate from this school either. My Dad did though, I just tagged along.” I picked up the year book I had been looking at and held it up for him to see. “Which one are you?” I am pretty good at this acting thing, maybe I should try it more often.

“That one.” He answered, pointing to his picture. But he didn’t just point, he ‘Ramsay pointed’, like when waves with just his finger. I have to admit it looked very silly in real life; I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. “What are you laughing about; I do not look that bad in that picture. It was high school ok, everyone had bad hair.”

“No, I wasn’t laughing at your picture. I was laughing at this.” I did the finger thing and he replied by doing it back to me. We both laughed and I completely forgot I was having a conversation with my idol; he was just a man who I was talking to. And who happened to be super-hot and have the voice of an angel. “So Joshua” I said looking at the book pretending to find his name. “What was school like here?” I said with a hint of sarcasm.

“It’s just Josh, and it was… worse than elementary school. What is your name my lady?” He dramatically countered with a graceful bow. He is just as theatrical as I thought he would be.

“I am Elisa.” I said with a huge smile on my face. “So what is your occupation?” I wonder what he will reply. I wonder what I will reply if he says he’s in a band, crap I just set myself up for this one.

“I am a music producer.” He said smoothly. Well, that wasn’t a complete lie. He must not want to attract attention. And I can see why, we are in Vancouver; nearly everyone knows who he is.

“Hey, Josh!” I turned my head quickly in the direction of the call only to find Matt Webb jogging into this classroom. Josh waved for him to come over to where we were standing. Ok, Elisa stay calm, you can do this. “Who is this?” He pondered when after he made his way to us through the sea of alumni.

“That’s Elisa, she didn’t graduate from here but her Dad did. And she thinks it’s funny when I do this.” He did his finger thing right in front of my face and I could only laugh.

“Thank you for finally calling him out on it Elisa. Did he tell you that we are-” Josh quickly cut him off.

“Music producers? Yeah I told her, but I don’t know what she does.” Matt took the hint immediately. Yeah, he is hiding it from me. And changing the subject too, he is good.

“I am trying to be a fashion designer; I take classes at The Art Institute and I have a few jobs here and there but I am working on it.” I think I just made the conversation awkward, too much detail. It was such a simple question too. Matt turned his head and looked into the distance and Josh was just looking at his feet. I need to say something. “So are you too friends?” I inquired even though I knew the answer.

“Yup, Matt went here too.” Josh answered as a huge goofy grin slide across Matt’s face. “Oh Matt, why were you looking for me?”

“I was bored and I wanted to go” Matt explained “But now that we met Elisa, we should stay.” He smiled again. This is all so surreal. I can’t believe this is happening to me. Maybe next time my Dad wants to drag me somewhere I should listen, because this is pretty figgin awesome! Thank Dad, I thought.  Just then I saw my Dad walking towards us. He must be a mind reader…

“Hey Elisa, Who are your new friends?” My Dad asked. Please don’t embarrass me I silently begged. I was just about to reply when Josh did.

“You must be Elisa’s dad,” Josh extended his arm to shake my Dad’s hand. “I am Josh and this is Matt. We used to go here too.” Wow, he is so polite, I am very impressed. My Dad seemed happy that I had made friends, he always worried that I didn’t have enough. Maybe this will shut him up.

“You can call me Mr. Evans. But Elisa we should really get going, I will go get the car. Meet me outside.” He stated and then promptly walked away. No, I don’t want to leave; I don’t ever want this to end. Before I could try to save our conversation and forget that my Dad said he wanted to leave Josh whipped his phone out.

“Here, give me your number.” He handed his blackberry to me with a smile. I punched in the numbers and gave it back to him. He clicked a few buttons when I felt my phone vibrate; go away Dad. I took out my phone and to my delight it was a text from Josh.

‘What are you doing tomorrow??’- Josh wrote.

‘Nothing…Why?’- I replied.

‘Let’s go have lunch. Do you know where Tamaki sushi is?’- Josh

‘Yup’- This was when I started to get really excited.

‘We will meet there at 1:00, A few of my friends are coming too so you can bring someone if you want :)”- Josh

‘Ok’- I looked up from my phone and realized we were texting each other while we were standing less than 3 feet apart. “I need to go now” I added outloud.

“See you tomorrow then” Josh smiled and hugged me. Whoa, this is too much for a fan girl to take. Matt was just standing there confused and oblivious.

“Bye” I remarked and Matt waved. Once I left the classroom I actually skipped down the halls and basically floated into my Dads car. All I could do was smile on the ride home. I cannot wait to tell Adam!!

‘Guess who I just ran into??? ;)’- I texted Adam.