Chapter 5

**Elisa POV**

I should have known I was going to get no work done, it thought to myself as a danced some more around my room. I was listening to; you guessed it, Marianas Trench. I left my door open to annoy my dad as I sang loudly to Cross My Heart. “I wonder what you're doing, I wonder if you got it. I wonder how we used to ever go so long without it. And no matter where I go I'm coming back to you. Be where we oughta, be where we oughta, be where we.” This is my favorite thing to do. Just sing and dance, but I would be too scared to ever do it in front of anybody. That smile that Josh got when I mentioned the talent show really scared me. I feel like he is planning something. But all I need to do now is rock out to this chorus. “And I do want to show you I will run to you for you. 'Til I can't stand on my own anymore. I cross my heart and hope to die!!”

This next part is my favorite. I love how Josh does it in the music video with the girl! Everyone else thinks that it is creepy but I think it looks cute. I only can wish that he would whisper this in my ear. I am about to open my mouth to start singing when I feel that someone is behind me and breathing on my ear.

I quickly whip around with my elbow and nail someone in the stomach, only to find that someone is—

**Josh POV**

The meeting with the mangers went great. We have a release and everything now for our new album, that need I to go write… Whatever, I know I will finish in time. I take out my phone to text Elisa but right before I hit send I decide to surprise her instead. I saw that she had her address on her backpack so I think I will just show up and surprise her.

Good plan Ramsay! I left the band and started to head over to her house. It was only a 20 minute bus ride so I was there in no time. I looked at her house and tried to imagine her in it. The front porch was quaint with a few plants trimming the door. It was a deep beige and very well kept. There were a few stairs to climb as I approached her shiny brown door. I pressed the door bell and waited for an answer. I could faintly hear the intro of Cross my Heart playing, that’s weird I must be hearing things.

I forgot about that when Elisa’s dad opened the door. “Hello Mr. Evans,” I said politely. “I am Josh, we met at the reunion. I am here to see Elisa.” He did not seem surprised, which was good for me.

“She is upstairs and to the left, you can just go up.” I was not expecting him to stay that but, I think it will surprise her even more. I nodded and took off my shoes then walked up the stairs. I looked to my left to see Elisa dancing around her room to Cross my heart. I half hid myself behind the post so I could watch her. She looked so cute. Then she started singing along to the chorus. Holly crap she was good! I did not know she could sing. I am going to have to do something about this.

It was just about the part in the song where in the video I whisper into that girl’s ear. Before I even think my decision through I am running towards her and I am about to start singing “Take me with you, I start to miss you” but she whips around and elbows me in the stomach. I double over cluching my stomach as she realizes who I am.

“OMG! I am so sorry I did not know that it was you! Are you ok?” She asked concerned. Come on Ramsay, take it like a man.

“Yup, I am fine, just surprised me that’s all.” She marched to her computer and turned off the music.

“What are you doing here by the way?” She asked confused. “And how much did you see? How did you get my address?” That was a lot of question but I answered all of them with my stomach still hurting.

“I am here to surprise you and I saw and heard your amazing singing. Your address is in huge letters on your backpack.” I quickly explain myself. Luckily her face softens into a small smile.

“So you just decided to come over to my house.” She laughed as I nodded and shrugged. “Well you scared me a little I mean one moment I was alone and then moment someone was breathing on my ear.” I can now see that it could have come across as creepy.

“Well from this we have learned two things. One I should stop trying to talk so close to people’s ears because I will get punched and two you can sing.” She looked down and started blushing, why would she be embarrassed about her voice? Oh, I know she can do the talent show to get over her nerves. I enthusiastically made the offer. “You are going to do the talent show! It will be fun.”

Her jaw dropped and the furiously shook her head. “Nope, no no no. I can’t do it. I am too nervous and I can’t sing.” I will not leave here until she says yes, but it may take some convincing.

“Bull, you can sing as well as me and you know it!! Here I will sing with you. Does that help?” Her face lightened up as she was thinking about my offer. I could imagine that since she is a fan she has dreamed about singing with me. I took a step closer to help persuade and took her hands and looked her straight in the eyes. “You can do it, and I will be right beside you.”

“Ok.” She said apprehensively. “What song will we sing?” She was starting to get more excited. What song will we sing? I said the first duet that came to my mind.

“Good to you.” And with that she smiled. “When is that talent show exactly?” That would have been a good piece of information to know before I committed myself to this.

“Tomorrow at 2:30.” She answered nervously again. Well that is sooner than I thought it would be. But I am sure we can do it. “Good to you is a good choice, we both know the song.” She smiled.

“Do you have a piano?” I asked looking around her room. It all looked very clean. She had a double bed in the middle with bright blue and purple covers. There was a huge window that had flowered curtains around it. Her desk was covered in papers and books. She was probably trying to study. She also had posters on the wall, my favorite being the one of me. She noticed that I was looking around and quickly answered my question.

“Yup.” She said as she left the room. I followed her downstairs into the living room. I saw that she did in fact have a piano. I sat down and started playing good to you. She just stood there shocked.  I motioned for her to sit next to me.

“Do you play?” I inquired. She smirked and pushed my hands off the keys. She immediately picked up where I left off in the song. She played so beautifully and smooth. What other secret talents does she have? When she reached the chorus I started to sing and she joined me. We sang the rest of the song with her playing. When we finished I just sat there smiling and she was not saying anything. “Wow, you are good. You did not tell me you can play. We have to put this in to our routine.”

“Ok, how about I play while you sing the first verse and the chorus, then we switch for my verse. But who will play the last bit?” She was deep in thought when I had an idea.

“How about we rearrange the song so that we can both play at the same time? We would need two pianos but then I think with that the piece will sound even prettier.” I was very proud of this idea and she seemed to like it too.

We spent the rest of the afternoon arranging and practicing. We took a break and I was happy to know that she has coke zero in her fridge. Her Dad seemed to be so proud that Elisa was going to sing at the talents show. While we sang he was calling all his friends to tell them to come and see us. I told Elisa not worry because she was going to do great.

When I left that night I was confident that our performance was going to be great. And Elisa seemed a lot less nervous. We decided to meet at her school at 1:00 so we could get ready together. I told her that we needed to match our clothes. She laughed and we hugged good bye.

I couldn’t wait to tell the guys about our performance tomorrow. I know that I am definitely looking forward to it.

A/N Sorry about not updating yesterday, I did not like what I had so I decided to rewrite it. But today I will add another chapter so two updates today to make up for it! Thanks for reading :) <3