Part 5

He wouldn't care if I was dead. Those words stung me deep inside. He was the only friend I had. He knew it too. I never was known as a cutter. That night, though, I started. It made the pain in my heart feel smaller. "Maybe I should go. He wouldn't care. Nobody cares." I told myself. The Sunday after the incident, I decided to go to the park. The park was quiet and it would cool me down. I got dressed, cleaned up and walked to my destination. When I got to the park, the swings were full of teenage couples. I decided to go sit under a tree and listen to music. After about 20 minutes, I was thinking about Drew. I felt the tears coming and eventually they did. I pulled out my razor and made more cuts. A few minutes after doing that, someone said "Miss, normally I would be okay with razors, but not when a girl like you is using it for that purpose." I didn't look to see who it was. I just kept doing what I was doing. "Please stop, or I'll have to take it from you." The boy said. "Its my property...you cant touch it" I snapped coldly. "Fine" The boy said, "I'll just have to join you." The boy sat down beside me, and pulled out a pocketknife. When I saw it, I gave up and told him not to do anything. He kept his word. The boy tore off the sleeves of his shirt and gave them to me to use as bandages. I looked at him. He had long black hair that hung over his eyes. I moved the hair out of his face to expose shiny dark brown eyes. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Oh, sorry. I wanted to see your eyes. They are beautiful." I replied. He chuckled. "You know, you're beautiful as well. But why was the beautiful girl harming herself?" I told him everything. He hugged me. "Miss, I'm sorry that happened to you. Drew wasn't a very good character. You said he was your only friend. We can change that. How about you let me be your friend?" The boy offered. "Well, sir, how can I let you be my friend if I don't even know your name?" I replied, joking. "Dylan." The boy simply said. "_____." I said and smiled. Dylan reached over and kissed me on the cheek. He pulled out a Sharpie and wrote his phone number down on my arm. I wrote mine on his.

We walked around the park for a little while. He had his arm around me. We talked about each other and got to know more about us. He offered to drive me home and I accepted. He was running low on gas so we stopped by the gas station. "Oh no.." I said quietly. I didn't say it quiet enough. Dylan heard me. "What's wrong, babe?" He asked. "This is the gas station Drew works at." I replied. Dylan didn't say anything, but went in the store. He was taking forever, so I went to see if something happened with him and Drew. I ran in the store and shouted "Dylan! Where are you?" Drew's eyes turned straight to me. Dylan wasn't near him. I found him and asked him what took him so long. "Bathroom." he said and grinned. "Oh, ok." Dylan decided to make Drew jealous so he pushed me against a wall and started kissing me. Dylan's hands were running up and down my back. He wanted to deepen the kiss, so he begged for entrance. I opened for him. Dylan started moaning softly, and Dylan's hand ran up my shirt. I could sense Drew watching. I didn't really like kissing him because I wanted it to be Drew. I imagined that it was Drew, then I enjoyed it. Dylan broke apart from me and searched through the isles. He picked up a box of condoms and walked to the register. Dylan saw the condoms and saw Dylan and I. "I want this and $30 worth of gas on pump 3." Dylan told Drew. "______, who is this?" Drew asked me. "I'm her soon-to-be boyfriend, Dylan." Dylan answered for me. I just stared at Drew. He assumed it was true since my expression stayed the same. "I'm not selling the condoms to you." Drew said starting to get angry. "Fine," Dylan said. "I have more in my car." He grinned at Drew, which pissed him off. Drew then looked over to me with pleading eyes. He then saw my arms covered with Dylan's shirt. "What did you do?" He asked me. Dylan was about to answer him again, but I stopped him. "Someone told me they wouldn't care if I was dead. I was trying to actually get something done. Dylan found me in the park and helped me." When I said Dylan's name, Drew's eyes flickered over to Dylan in a rage. Drew looked back over to me. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I did that to you. I just don't know what I did to you!" He said starting to cry, realizing the pain he caused me and feeling guilty. I wouldn't look him in the eyes. I stared at the floor. Dylan could tell I was getting upset, so we left. We got the gas, and left. Drew texted me nonstop. I wouldn't reply. He was unforgiven.