Chapter 7

I know I haven't updated in a long time... I mean a REALLY long time and I feel absolutely bad about it, so I hope this chapter is good enough.

Please read the A/N note at the end, its very important.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Previously on COTNAN:

"Hahaha!" Lucifer released a bellowing laugh while kneeling in all floors on the floor and hitting it continuously.

Sebastian sweat dropped at his master's clumsiness. No, it wasn't only Sebastian, every spectator had sweat dropped at Ciel's poor mistake, excluding Lucifer who was busy laughing.

Ciel weakly stood up with a flustered face and before he could attack again, a ringing sound filled the training sound indicating the end of the test.

Continuation...

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

♕ Chapter 7 ♕

The King's Soul

Our stomachs simultaneously growled even though I ate breakfast. "Uh-oh, stomachs growling, huh. That's too bad and by the way, about this exercise. Well, I've decided I won't send any of you back to the academy."

Immediately Naruto was smiling widely, Sasuke had a smug face and Sakura was jumping up n' down but why do I have a feeling that something isn't right...?

"All four of us?" Kakashi gave a closed-eye smile.

"Yes, all four of you… are being dropped from the program… PERMANENTLY." Within a second the happy atmosphere disappeared, replaced by a tense one.

Naruto was continue complaining as I analyze everything that has happened earlier. I can't grasp how we failed, is it really because we couldn't take the bells? But I have a feeling its something else. I was expecting that this test would be difficult seeing as how none of the past genin has ever passed Kakashi's test, I tried delving into it further but I just came to a dead end.

"Because you don't think like ninjas. You think like little kids, like brats." Sasuke finally lost his cool and charged directly at him but Kakashi effortlessly evaded him and pinned him on the ground. "You think its all about you."

I'm not certain if he's referring to just Sasuke or all of us. "Let go of Sasuke! Don't step on him like his some bug!" I slightly winced at her high-pitch screech. Honestly, if I didn't know better I would have mistaken her for a banshee. "You don't know what it means to be a ninja. You think its a game, huh."

I mentally smirked at the irony. Sorry to say this but I do think of this as game, a survival game, that is. "Why did you think we put you in squads? Did you consider that question for one moment?"

What? The reason we're put in squads? "I-I don't know what you mean," Sakura said with confusion on her face. Naruto looked like nothing was processing through his head while Sasuke was still under Kakashi. "I mean you never realised what this  exercise is all about, not even close."

That caused more confusion, now that I think about it I quickly assumed that getting the bell from Kakashi was the main point in the exercise. "What's it about?" Naruto wondered, it looks like Naruto's brain is going to burst from all this thinking. "Yes, that's what determine where you pass or fail."

"But that's- I mean I wanted to ask you that from the beginning," Sakura said. "Tch, use your head. Three people in a squad, why do you think we would do that?"