Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I talked to Leah about going out with the boys before we fell asleep last night. She was really excited because she couldn't wait to see George. We spent basically the whole night talking about the boys, until finally we were too tired.

Leah set her alarm clock for 10:00 a.m. so we'd have enough time to call the boys, and get ready. Me, being super anxious however, got up a half an hour earlier, but decided not to get up until 10 along with Leah.

I haven't been able to get my mind off Paul. I've never been able to talk to a boy so easily like I did with him. I'm always too nervous to talk and think I'm going to say something stupid. He made me feel smart, like what I said mattered.

Ten o' clock!

"Leah, Leah, GET UP!", I yell while jumping on her bed repeatedly. Her eyes slowly open, she yawns, and pushes me off her bed. "OW LEAH! If you don't want to get up so we can get ready to hang out with the cutest boys in Liverpool than hey that his fine with me but I'm going", I say to her knowing that the second she heard me she would rocket out of bed, her motivation being George. As if I were psychic right than she jumps out of her bed, "Oh my gosh so that wasn't a dream, I did meet the cutest boy in the world yesterday, did the boys call yet to confirm? Let's start getting ready."

I took a quick shower followed by Leah, when I was walking into our room after taking my shower I heard the phone ring. "Hello?", I answered warily hoping it was one of the boys. "This is the lovely Meghan, am I right?", the voice on the other end of the phone says. Ugh yeah it is who is this?", I say, really trying to figure out who it is.

"This is Mr.John Winston Lennon and I am calling in regards to an outing that was planned for today."

So this is just John being a goofball like Paul told me he is yesterday. I decided to play along. "Why yes of course, me and Miss. Leah Connors are ready when you are", I said in my best scouse accent, which wasn't very good. "Ah Macca I like this girl she's got a sense of humor, unlike all the other birds you've dated", I hear John yelling, looking in the mirror, I see I'm blushing. Give me that phone John or I'll slaughter ya", Paul yells. "Meghan?", I hear Paul's voice.

"Paul!! Are you guys ready me and Leah are all set, we are still hanging out right?"

"Yes of course I would'nt miss this for the world, I really can't wait to see you again"

"Same here", I said to him, boiling over with excitement.

"Well I'll see you in 10 minutes. Bye luv."

I hung up the phone and stood in front of the mirror. I looked pretty good for me, I wore tight black capris, and a white shirt with a lace hem, and my hair was in it's natural waves. Suddenly I heard a beep coming from outside, it was the guys, waiting. "Meghan they're here!! I'm so excited!", Leah yelled at me.

"Yeah I know let's get outta here", I yelled back running out the door with my best friend.

"Hello, girls", John said,"George and Pauly over here were looking forward to seeing you two, and you Meghan, do a pretty good scouse accent, I must say".

"I did a scouse accent? I thought I was completely butchering it", I said blushing, getting a compliment from a cute guy always makes me blush. "Wow Meghan, so you nailed scouse before I could and I've lived here for a few months already, that's amazing", Leah stated while laughing, along with the boys. The boys arrived in a van, luckily otherwise I don't think we would've all been able to go. "Well come on girls get in this van time for our adventure", John said with a mischievous look on his face.

Leah got into the van and I was next, Paul stuck out his hand and I took his in mine and got myself into the van. Ringo was driving and next to him was George, John was in the second row of seats along with Leah and I was in the back seat along with Paul.

I turn to Paul, and look down at our hands, not realizing that he was still holding on to mine. "I'm so glad you came luv", he said while scratching his head with his free hand. Should I let go or what? "There's nowhere else I'd rather be", I told him, while taking my hand out of his he probably thinks I'm weird for holding on to it for so long. I would do something stupid like this. Paul looks down at our hands and makes a confused face. Suddenly he starts singing,"I wanna hold your hand, I wanna hold your hand", so I slip my fingers back through his. It may sound corny but it's like his hand was meant to hold mine. He starts rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb, meanwhile making me crazy. Boy does this boy have a spell on me or something?

John turns up the radio and I hear Buddy Holly's Maybe Baby. "I love Buddy Holly!", I began singing along to the song,"maybe baby I'll have you, maybe baby you'll be true, maybe baby I'll have you for me!", John turns around in his seat and looks at me with a huge smile.

"Ok you are officially amazing! Any Buddy Holly fan is a friend of mine! He's my inspiration, influence, and all that. I could kiss ya love".

"Ay don't go there John, Paul will cripple ya", Ringo said, kind of an odd statement. I turn to Paul and he's blushing. George enters the conversation,"Ah Ringo you got Paul blushing, don't be embarrased Pauly".

"Shut up, both of ya, ya both sound like John", Paul yelled in his own defence looking embarassed.

Finally we arrived at our destination, which was an arcade called Al's Arcade, very creative name huh? Paul still had my hand in his and walked me away from the others towards a ski ball game. He let my hand go, and I found myself wanting to hold his hand again.

"So I'm sorry about all that in the car, the boys, well we all like to mess with each other", he said stuttering a bit.

"It's fine Paul, they're funny, I like em", changing the subject, "so what was that song you were singing in the car?".

"Oh that? It's called I wanna hold your hand, me and John wrote it, I uh thought it fit the situation", he said nervously looking around.

"Well what I heard of it I liked, good melody, you're going to have to sing that one for me too"

"Anything for you, so you want to play some ski ball?".

"Sure, I'm not very good at it though, somehow the ball seems to go everywhere but where it's supposed too when I play", I told him, while crossing my arms.

"Well give it a try I'm sure you're not that bad", he smiled reassuringly at me. He pulled some change out of his pocket, and put it into the machine. "There you go now give it a try", he said while passing me a ball.

"Oh you didn't have to do that, I have change", I said.

"Don't be silly, I'm not letting you pay for a thing today"

"You are too nice Paul", I said while getting ready to roll the ball. I rolled the ball up but it accidentally hit the side of the machine and came back to me. "So you weren't kidding when you said you were bad at this were ya?", he said sympathetically.

"Nope I wouldn't kid about something as serious as ski ball!", I joked with him. Paul laughed than said, "here", he stood right behind me, and grabbed my arm with his. "See you just have to straighten your arm out, as if you're bowling", he said while swinging my arm with the ball in my hand. "Ok let go now!", he said and so I did and the ball went right into the 100 slot.

"Paul! You did it! Thank you for showing me", I said ecstatically, while throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly. His arms found my waist and wrapped themselves around it. Ten seconds later and I'm still in his embrace, not that I'm trying to get out of it or anything. Finally he let go,"Uhh sorry", he said while scratching his head nervously again. Paul and I played a few more arcade games, Leah and George were still playing, and John and Ringo were flirting with a couple of girls they found. Paul asked me if I wanted to go to the diner next door for something to eat, and I said yes but made sure it was alright with Leah. Of course it was fine with her, she was having so much fun with George, that she quickly said yes and shooed me away. Nice bestfriend huh? Oh well I understand where she's coming from.

Paul swiftly grabbed my hand and we walked out the door and over to the diner. I have a feeling this will be a great day.