two.

To their own dismay, Sammy and Nate spent the succeeding hour scrambling to pack everything they would need for the next five weeks, and it's safe to say that I had never seen such long legs move so fast.

We were out of the apartment by one o'clock and boarding the plane by two. Despite my multiple pleads to take the window seat, the boys wouldn't allow it, claiming that they each "wanted to be close to their best girl friend!" though I knew it was just another ploy to add on to my misery.

"Five hours and ten minutes until you're united with your soulmate, Mar." Sammy sang out with that wide smile of his. "You excited?" I gave a scoff as I switched my contacts out for my reading glasses, getting ready for the long flight we were about to endure. Scratch that, the long flight I was about to endure, considering that I would have to deal with the two imbeciles on either side of me while they both were likely to use me as their personal pillow.

"I don't know what kind of stuff you smoked at the apartment, but I haven't even met the guy, let alone know him well enough to consider him my soulmate." I retorted, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose to clearly display the roll of my eyes.

"You don't have to know somebody to be soulmates, dork." He insisted, oblivious to the extreme circumstances he was referring to. "Seriously, I think y'all will be good together. Jack likes girls like you." Interested in his choice of words, I rose my eyebrows, momentarily ripping my focus away from the book in my lap to narrow my eyes at Sam.

"Are you trying to play cupid, Wilk?" I probed. It was no secret between us three that I wasn't particularly proactive in the department of the male specimen. I had yet to experience a romantic relationship with another person, and regardless of my own personal declaration of independence, the boys were continuously scoping "candidates" out for me. In fact, if it weren't for Sammy and Nate, I don't even think I would have had my first kiss back in freshman year of high school.

"I'm just saying, Mar." He shrugged, and with that, he slipped on his headphones and blasted his music, leaving me to ponder on his implications.

Jack likes girls like you. What does that even mean? Thinking back to our high school days, I vaguely remembered Jack and his high-spirited demeanor. He was always surrounded by a group of friends, and whether or not they were real companions was no concern to me, but it was a familiarity that I never experienced myself. He was the popular Vine kid whereas the only comforts I had were books. Jack and I were practically inverses, which left me to question how Sam could ever come up with the idea of us being destined for each other.

I pouted within my thoughts, a sigh passing my lips once I realized that I would get nowhere with the subject. I hated that I over-analyzed things that would be insignificant to everyone else. It left me dwelling far too long on conversations that others could forget within an hour.

Slinking down in my seat, I opened my book back up and reverted my focus back onto the words printed on the worn pages. Throughout the next few hours, it was a battle between reading and resting, but in the end, it was exhaustion that won me over due to this being my second six-hour flight in one day. Alas, it was yet another struggle to stay asleep, as I had occasionally been awoken by Nate's snoring or Sam's head falling onto my shoulder or turbulence from the plane. It was rather frustrating, I admit, but once I heard the announcement that we'd be landing in a short hour, I decided to give up on sleep.

"Guys, guys, look!" I shook the boys, bouncing slightly in my seat as I pointed out the window, eager to reveal the islands up ahead.

"We ain't even there yet, Marley, chill out." Nate mumbled with grogginess coating his voice. I rolled my eyes, practically climbing onto his lap just to get closer to the view. They would never understand my love for the little details the same way that I would never understand their ignorance.