Ailanna - Part 5

Onika and Safaree walked through the park, the setting sun costing a golden glow upon everything it's rays could reach. Safaree's arm was wrapped around Onika's shoulder and she was concentrating on her feet so their rhythm matched Safaree's. They walked along in unison, not as two people, but as one.

"I've missed you so much Safaree," Onika quietly mentioned.

"You may find this hard to believe, but I haven't been with anyone else since you left. I figured out that my heart wasn't a glass, and I wasn't ready for it to break again. I just knew you'd come back. I never stopped loving you" she continued.

Safaree stopped walking and turned to face her.

"I'm glad you did wait. And I will never be sorry enough for what I put you through." Safaree answered. He brushed a few loose hairs cascading down the side of her face out of the way.

"I never stopped loving you either." He crooned as he leaned in for a kiss.

Onika froze up for a split second then ducked out of the way.

"Swerve," she giggled over her shoulder as she began to run off.

"Bet you can't catch me Faree!" She exclaimed, her voice trailing off as she got further away.

Safaree stood there stunned before responding.

"Oh, playing hard to get now are we Nika. I see how it is." He joked as he ran after her. He quickly caught up to her, and in no time he was stood behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist, his head resting on hers.

"I guess you caught me." Onika exclaimed playfully.

"Yes Onika. And this time, I'm never letting you go." Safaree lulled as he turned Onika around swiftly and pressed his lips to hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(^_^)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE 190+ reads!!!!! OMG I'm so happy. Maybe we could get it to 200+! I really appreciate all the support! And votes! And reads! Hope this chapter suits you guys better length-wise... Anywho.... ENJOY!! :)

~ Ella