Chapter 6; Be Brave

Author's note;

I just wanted to say thankyou for the kind comments that this book has been receiving, thanks so much. It makes my day when I read them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the newest ordeal of the day was over, I left the pack's camp grounds as quickly as I possibly could. Time was of the essence, and a lot of it had been wasted in the past couple of hours or so. I called a taxi, and within twenty minutes it had arrived and I was making my way back to my hotel. A million and one thoughts were running through my mind at top speed, I needed to find out more, but that would be easier said then done.

By the time I had arrived at the hotel once again, I had a plan in mind. I needed to email Robert, and as soon as possible. Grabbing my laptop from my bag, I settled down at the desk and began typing away quickly.

Robert,

I have come into contact with the people you had informed me about, however some rather unforeseen circumstances have come about. It would appear that this meeting was not what we originally thought that it was going to be. These people, are no joke. I will continue to follow them until I have further answers. Keep my family safe.

Yours

Elliot.

No formalities and no kicking about the curb, it was blunt but I knew the other alpha would understand where I was coming from. All I could do was think about what had happened earlier that evening. Not only that, but it now meant that I would have little choice but to remain in America a few more days. It was not ideal, but it would appear as though at this point in time I would have little other choice.

Glancing down at my watch, the time read approximately twenty past twelve, meaning it would be about eight o clock back home, pausing for a moment, before I pick up the phone and dial the number.

"Hello?" Comes the familiar voice of my wife, and I smile a little just from hearing her voice, the wolf instinct was to not leave the pack behind. She and the girls were the closest thing I had to that, and it felt very strange to be away from them. Knowing that they were safe brought me some concellation from this.

Trying to give no tell as to what I am about to say in my tone, but knowing her she will have already guessed as to what I am about to tell her. "Hey hon." I say quietly, knowing she is probably near the sleeping twins right now having just given them their morning feed. "How are the girls?"

A gentle chuckles comes down my side of the phone, and I can just picture her smiling down at them from where I stand. "They're fine, your friend was not kidding. The staff here completely dote on them, I've suggested to Robert that they adopt a hotel child. The kid would not be left wanting of anything." She laughs, and I grin. Knowing all too well how true this would probably be for the pack who are hosting my wife.

Settling down on the bed, I simply listen to her talking about what had been happening in the short period of time since I had left. She had her usual amount of gossip to tell about her group of friends, and I more then happily listened. Thankful for something, anything, to take my mind off of what had been happening.

Evelyn then snapped me out of my dream like state by saying, "Now what is it that you've called me to talk about?"

Laughing a little sheepishly, but I cant really help that despite myself. "Cant a loving husband call his beloved wife just because he wants to?"

"Yes, that is true. But just to listen to me blabber on about nothing and not say a word yourself, is very unusual for you. Now what's happened? Is something wrong over there?" She asks, it annoys me how well she knows me sometimes.