Chapter 5; The Wolf's Song

Author's note;

Thanks to Djourrisse for giving me the idea to rename this book 'I AM MI6' I like this title an awful lot more and thanks so much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened as I was making my way out of the theatre, took my by surprise and this annoyed me if I was being honest with myself. I had barely made it three steps outside of the large play theatre when very suddenly I was grabbed by five men. Had they been human, I would have quite easily managed to fight my way out of it, using my greater strength to my advantage. However these were not humans, they were werewolves like myself. This along with the fact that I was not expecting to be intercepted, made me vulnerable to be dragged away. In the busy street of New York, and the speed with which it was undertaken, no one seemed to have noticed the fact that I was being pulled away very much against my will.

In a very cliché move on the part of the people who appear to be trying to kidnap me, a bag was pulled over my head and tied around my neck, just loose enough that it would not suffocate me, but it still did not give me any wiggle room. I do my best to try and keep track of the direction in which the car moves, but I am too confused and surprised by the sudden events to keep track.

Resisting the urge to shift as best as I desperately could, I force myself to remain as calm as is possible at this point. Placing myself into a sleep like state, for I know that if I get any more riled up then I already am, I will lose control of my shift. And that would be good for none of us in this car. Especially me considering how they would be likely to react to this.

An eternity seems to pass before the car pulls to a stop and I am dragged out of the car and pulled to my feet. Every instinct is telling me to fight back, that this has no happy ending if it carries on this way, but I push against these instincts. Knowing it would be a fight that I would not win, this is a pack and I am one wolf. I wouldn't have a chance.

Stumbling on my own feet, they pull me towards a building and I am shoved very suddenly into a chair. I feel the plastic zip locks going around my wrists and being tightened until I feel it slowly cutting off the blood stream to my fingers. Then the bag is pulled from my head, revealing the room to me.

The man sitting in front of me is unmistakably an alpha, the way he sits, the way he looks at me, the posture he holds, it doesn't take a blind man to understand the power that he as an alpha holds. I forget sometimes how overwhelming it can be, especially considering that I live without the power of an alpha upon me.

I take in as many details as I can, about the room, the men in it, and the women. A lady stands beside the alpha, from her posture too I can guess that she is the Luna. The alpha female, from the scowl alone on her face I can guess this is what she is. Her arms crossed in front of her, and her head held high.

My mind is returned to the room when I realise that the alpha opposite me is speaking to me. His tone surprisingly calm from the anger that I feel coming from his wolf, "I apologise about the unfortunate circumstances under which we meet. However, I felt that there was no other option." His Luna laughs a little at this, and I frown slightly. What do they know that I don't? I think with a slight form of curiosity.

Yeah, I bet your really sorry about it as well, I can practically feel your heart breaking from where I am sitting, I think to myself, knowing that his 'apologies' are all complete and utter rubbish. I've had conversations like this a million and one times before, particularly in training and with other, better interrogators. This was nothing new to me, and it didn't scare me, but what could happen afterwards did.