Chapter 7- James

After long and hard thinking, i've decided i will continue this story. I dont now how often i'll update, as i am in my second last year of High School and in Queensland, Australia thats the hardest year of all schooling and im finding it stressful already. so bare with me. it all depends on you guys and your votes, and comments. 

Thank you to those that did comment telling me to continue. i appreciate it. :)

----------------------------------

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm once again, a sound im tired of hearing. I woke up and decided I would go a little casual today, I pulled on my traditional tight fitted ripped jeans and a white shirt, Completed with a grey beanie.   

As I walked downstairs to make a smoothie for breakfast Max comes running up the stairs and clings to my leg crying. I squat down to his level and pout. “what’s wrong Maxy?” I ask worried.

“Mummy and James are fighting, again but this time its really bad” he says whimpering into my leg.

“Okay Maxy, I want you to listen to me, I have a secret mission for you, on my bed is my toy giraffe, Fester, he’s feeling sad and lonely and needs a cuddle. I will be busy helping mummy and James. Could you do it for me?”

He whipped away his tears and nodded running up the stairs. While I was running down them, did I have any idea who this James was? No. But if it was making my Maxy unhappy then I was going to find out.

Suddenly I heard the screaming that Maxy was talking about. You couldn’t hear it from upstairs so no wonder I couldn’t hear.

“YOU’VE HAD HIM FOR TOO LONG. ITS MY TURN” a male voice roared.

“YOU’RE A DRUNK AND YOU SMOKE, I DON’T WANT THAT AROUND HIM” I heard val scream.

“GIVE HIM TO ME YOU SELFISH BITCH” he growled once again.

I turned the corner to see a tall, well-built man towering over the already tall Valerie over by the kitchen sink, there were plates smashed everywhere and the oats that were on the floor I assumed to be Maxy’s.

“What are you doing to her?” I said louder than I normally would so they could hear me over their constant screaming.

“well, well, well. Who do we have here? Wonder woman?” the man staggered over to be as I stumbled back.

“you shouldn’t speak to Valerie that way” I yelled.

“And you should stay out of other people’s business” he said with an evil grin, as he swung his fist at my face in a right hook.

I felt a blow to the right side of my face and fell over from the force. I lay there not being able to get up as I felt so dizzy.

I hear Val scream and people running down the stairs. After about a minute I  see Finn lying on the floor near me receiving repeated blows to the stomach. I saw a butcher knife on the dining table above me and I took it in my hand feeling the adrenaline run through my veins,  wouldn’t normally do this but when the people I love are involved it’s a different story. I return to be feet and get the mans attention.

He turns his heels to face me his glassy eyes training to the knife I grasped tightly and back to my face with a look of defeat, I lunged forward and he scrambled backwards towards the door and fled the scene. I dropped the knife on the floor as the adrenaline slowly came to a stop. I felt the pain  in  my face start to increase with every second, Finn got to his feet and turned to see if I was okay. Val was on the floor In the kitchen crying.

“Are you alright?” Finn said protectively.

“yeah, my face hurts a little” I reply

“it looks like it does too” he said flinching to touch my upper right cheek. I winced as I felt that there was going to be a massive bruise.

Finn shook is head and looked down disappointedly.

“Who was that guy anyway?” I asked.

“Jack, Max and my dad” he whispered barely audible to my ears.

I heard the front door, my heard turned to see if it was their dad. Thankfully not. It was Jack He wore a white shirt that was stained in blood and sports pants. His lip was swollen and had a cut on the bottom left lip.

“Jack, oh my goodness. Are you okay?” I said as I ran over and prodding his lip.

“oh my god” he murmured as he stared at my face.

“he did that to her didn’t he?” Jack said softy speaking to Finn.

Finn’s jaw tightened. As he nodded, they both lunged for the door I pushed it closed and held them back.

“It’s over now” I said.

Valerie entered, with a waterlines of mascara running down her face. It was weird seeing Valerie like this, I always saw her as a happy, strong, vibrant woman but it goes to show even the strongest people have weaknesses.  

“Go and get your bag’s, you’ll be late for school” she said sternly.

“you don’t expect us to go to go do you? Look at Bel-“ jack argued.

“Don’t talk back to me” she said sternly. “Romeo, Levi and Louis have already caught the bus…thank god” she said relieved.

The look on her face changed immediately as she realised something.

“oh my god. Wheres Max?” she started crying.

“NO, he hasn’t taken him has he! NO” she screamed.

“Val, its okay. He’s in my room” I said as I ran upstairs to make sure.

I reached my room and saw an empty bed, there was no Max or Fester. I began to get worried as I checked around my room, under my bed, bathroom, under my desk, behind the curtains. I opened my closet door and saw him huddled on the floor with my shoes crying with Fester my toy giraffe. I picked him up and his head drooped over my shoulder as I carried him downstairs.

“oh my god. My poor baby” she said nursing him like a new born.

“why did you go upstairs?” asked Jack.

“Belly old me to go there to cuddle Fester cause he’s sad and lonely, do you thing hes okay Belly?” he asked.

“He’s only sad because you are Maxy. For Fester to feel better, you do as well!” I persuaded.

“Im better!” she smiled.

“Yay! So is Fester!” I smiled at his change in character.

“You guys have to get to school. Im sorry, I don’t want you seeing me like this. I need to pull myself together” she said ashamed.

We went upstairs to get my  bag and I saw that Finn and Jacks door was open, I went in to see if they were ready, I saw Finn looking in the mirror without a shirt my breath got caught in my throat as I watched him prod his stomach,  looked at what he was proding and saw that It was a bruise the sixe of a football. It was almost black.

“oh my god. Finn are you okay? Jesus” he turned around and covered his stomach.

“let me see!” I said impatiently. I pulled him into the bathroom and told him to sit on the counter. As he did I got cold water from the faucet and put it on his bruise to somehow help it. He flinched at the coolness. He got some water on a cloth and placed it on my black eye.

“don’t worry, it’s okay” I smiled.

“That’s the thing Bella it’s no okay! This is supposed to be the other way around! Im supposed the be the one with the swollen eye and im supposed to be fixing it while you sit on the counter. It could have been so god damn different if I woke up 5mins earlier. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!” he yelled disappointed in himself.

Wow. What the hell was that.

---------------------------------------

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN

LOVE YOU GUYSSSS. <3